Sad

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know darn well that all Americans are not like this but perhaps someone who has never traveled to the U.S. doesn't know this and so they view these videos and that is what they base their beliefs on. It's not fair or accurate, nor is it correct, but that is what they see.
I understand what you are saying Danielle, but when you look up crap on you tube, etc...yes, you will find crap. I didn't look at the video, on dial up now...so I have no clue what it's about, but from your post it sounds like a bunch of @holes....not what represents America.

Yes, there are racists in this country. But just because someone questions Obama does not make them a racist/intolerant/radical. That seems to be the underlying thought from some on this board and ...because I question Obama's affiliation with Ayers, am I a racist/intolerant/radical? (who is white as we all know and yes I'll admit, I am intolerant of terrorists), because I question about his reverend who spews hatred, am I racist? Because I question him about his cousin, am I a racist/intolerant? Because I question him about acorn...same thing.

I do not discuss politics at my work...they know who I am voting for though, everyone there votes party line democrat because it is a union job. Like I said, I have not spoken politics with not a one of them, when they try, I walk away...politics/religion do not go well at work and I know that. Yesterday I was called a racist by a co-worker...I walked into the room and he said "there is that racist, she is voting for McCain and is from Pennsylvania" (you know the senator or congressman who said western PA is all racists)...I am originally from PA. This is a white person who said this to me. That I am racist because I'm voting for McCain and because I'm from PA. I know he was trying to be funny, but I just ignored it and left the room, but I must say it did bother me. I am not a racist or intolerant! If Obama was white, purple, green, whatever, I would still be voting for McCain, because I don't agree with Obama's politics.

Yes, this country is divided...and finally yesterday I saw that, this election has become about race/intolerance but not because the majority of people actually being racist or intolerant, but because many many people are being accused of it for no reason!

edited to add - the media has done a fine job of dividing this country and from the sounds of it also from dividing us from the rest of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonya you're a much more self-disciplined person than I am if you were able to just walk away from an insult like that. I'm afraid I'd have had to say probably a lot more than I should. Good for you!

Sonya you're a much more self-disciplined person than I am if you were able to just walk away from an insult like that. I'm afraid I'd have had to say probably a lot more than I should. Good for you!
I wanted to deck him, but I knew I'd get fired for it! I know I could whip his butt! LOL

Not to mention, he said this in front of another co-worker and dear friend who just happens to be black.

I am sorry you went through that Sonya. Unfortuantely the reality is both sides have their, what I call, special
default_wacko.png
people.

I am sorry you went through that Sonya. Unfortuantely the reality is both sides have their, what I call, special people
thankyou Danielle.

These videos become a powerful message and end up stereotyping all Americans which is not fair or accurate but that is what they do. There are "fanatics", mobs, on both sides (democrats and republicans) that are truly out of control
Actually it is the MEDIA that is OUT of control. It IS the media that controls WHAT we see and hear - think about it!............... Do you not hear someone with the camera man ( or the camera man himself) asking the crowd "Who's the terriorist?". Anything to get a story or video for television.
default_no.gif
ANYTHING they can do to get the story of the day.
default_wacko.png
default_no.gif

Someone in that line-up yelled terrorist! - and then a few seconds later the camera guy asks - who's a terrorist?. He did not just pull it out of thin air. There are truly some Very Special (not meant in a good way) People in some of those videos.

What about the things that have been said about McCain & Palin?
Hmmm... let's see... *considers all the blogs and viral emails*

Have they been accused of not being American?

Have they been accused of being Anti-American?

Has it been suggested that they are terrorists?

Has their parentage and ethnicity been questioned?

Have they had Congressional fact-finding tours being made out to be something else - and video altered/edited to "prove" it?

Has everything in their past been put under the microscope and called a sham?

Have their birth certificates been declared phony?

Have blowhards filed suits to "prove" that they were not who they said they were or were not born where they said they were?

Have they been accused of being racist - in either direction?

Have people gone out of their way to "expose" them?

Have they been accused of being groomed to allow terrorists to take over once elected? And that this has been going on all their life?

HAve they been daclared guilty of a lot of the above simply because of the their name?

Do they have websites devoted to the "truth" about them which contain a lot of what I have losted above - and even more bizarre stuff?

Meh - I am worn out and there is so much more to add but I think that when the lists are compared, Obama has had more over the top nonsense said about him than Palin and McCain combined... and a lot of it is designed to instill fear.

One elderly lady in one of those videos (I will try to find it) said she was afraid of Obama as he had said all whites were trash (huh?) and that once he was elected all the black folks would take over everything. She was truly frightened. And I think of the viral emails that are designed to do just that... and it makes me very sad...
default_no.gif

I am sorry you went through that Sonya. Unfortuantely the reality is both sides have their, what I call, special people
Sonya - what they said was completely out of line.... and Danielle - as I said above... there are Very Special people. That is how some friends and I have always referred to.... errrrm.... unusual and/or annoying people.

Along the lines of...

You'll have to meet Sam... he's Special.... or

My new neighbour is Very Very Very Special....

And speaking of Very (X 10) Special.... you can always count on folks from Rev. Phelps' church to provide examples... she is holding Obama/Biden signs... but they hate McCain/Palin as well. And America. They are Equal Opportunity Very Very Very Very etc. Special People....
default_no.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPiuii0Rp8o Unbelievable.

I don't get what some people are thinking. Because some of us question Obama's relationships with racists and terrorists, it makes us racist radicals? Um... "whatever".

I am proud that in our Nation now, we have a black candidate for president and a woman candidate for vice president. I really didn't think that would be a reality anytime soon. IF anything when I think of Obama's race, I think that it's a mark of how far our Nation has come and I am happy when I consider that aspect.

But, I actually think he himself is a racist. I really do. I know I wouldn't be in the church of someone spouting hate against white America if I didn't also hate white America.

Urgh
default_no.gif

I don't get what some people are thinking. Because some of us question Obama's relationships with racists and terrorists, it makes us racist radicals? Um... "whatever".
I don't think that is what was said or implied Jill. I am however calling some of these people in the video I put a link to as being racist. Nobody ever said that all people who are voting McCain/Palin are racist because if that is what is being said it certaily is not true or factual.

Hmmm... let's see... *considers all the blogs and viral emails*
Have they been accused of not being American?

Have they been accused of being Anti-American?

Has it been suggested that they are terrorists?

Has their parentage and ethnicity been questioned?

Have they had Congressional fact-finding tours being made out to be something else - and video altered/edited to "prove" it?

Has everything in their past been put under the microscope and called a sham?

Have their birth certificates been declared phony?

Have blowhards filed suits to "prove" that they were not who they said they were or were not born where they said they were?

Have they been accused of being racist - in either direction?

Have people gone out of their way to "expose" them?

Have they been accused of being groomed to allow terrorists to take over once elected? And that this has been going on all their life?

HAve they been daclared guilty of a lot of the above simply because of the their name?

Do they have websites devoted to the "truth" about them which contain a lot of what I have losted above - and even more bizarre stuff?
This is just plain silly. Some may be true, many are not. The point I want to make is the McCains WILL come right out and talk about it and answer your questions. Obama prefers to sweep things under the rug because he thinks it is none of our business. He ALWAYS skirts the issue. Can not give a straight answer. He will NOT answer things that may hurt him. And I sincerely believe no one dislikes Obama because of his NAME or his COLOR. He is disliked by many because he is connected to so many things he refuses to talk about like it is nobodies business. It is EVERYBODIES business. If he is running to be our President we deserve answers whether we like them or not.

edited to add - the media has done a fine job of dividing this country and from the sounds of it also from dividing us from the rest of the world
Probably the truest thing said here....
default_smile.png

Can't remember who posted now, but someone said McCain was Palin's pawn....what??
default_unsure.png
I don't think she was the smartest choice in terms of electability, she certainly needs some seasoning, but it is nice to hear someone who isn't part of the very smug Washington inner circle. Seasoning happens pretty fast in the oval office, even for a vp.

Jan

edited to add - the media has done a fine job of dividing this country and from the sounds of . Seasoning happens pretty fast in the oval office, even for a vp. Jan
Given this statement I would assume then that any inexperience on the part of Obama is null and void then as well?

Given this statement I would assume then that any inexperience on the part of Obama is null and void then as well?
Unfortunately IMO Obama's inexperience doesn't appear to be receiving a whole lot of attention anyway. I hope we don't live to regret it.

What experience? His executive experience? His foreign experience? His economic experience? What he has is accepted but he has VERY LITTLE. NOW DO NOT compare him to Sarah as she has MORE experience and they are Not running for the same office.

You can belong to a church and yet not agree with everything the pastor says. I have friends who are devout Catholics and yet don't follow all the "orders" from the Vatican. The church itself is not Anti-American. The annoying Rev. Wright going off on tirades does not mean everyone was in lock-step with him.

Why am I bothering to even go back over this stuff again... there is no point - and I'll just get sneered at.

But I do not think that all McCain/Palin supporters are like the racist idiots seen on those YouTube vids (like the smirking gentleman with the Curious George "Little Hussein" monkey) any more than I believe all members of a church think the same way and act the same way. I am a prime example of that. Heck - I do not even believe or follow what a lot of family members say.

NOW DO NOT compare him to Sarah as she has MORE experience and they are Not running for the same office.
In effect, they are. That is why BOTH names appear on the same ticket. Palin has not had "more" experience... as what? Mayor of a small town she sank into debt? Not an auspicious start... but no matter. We all have to start somewhere. Onward and upward.

That's it - I'm off this hamster wheel...
hamwheelsmilf.gif
...some just want to go in endless circles - and have nothing but disdain for the opinions/thoughts/concerns of others...

I'm outta here, done with the political threads.... too much of this
default_poke.gif
I will be voting for Obama
default_thumbup.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back