Sad News

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margot

Reaction score
I am sorry to report that Nancy died today after a long, brave fight with pulmonary hypertension. When Harriett Rubins and I first met Nancy and Mike at the Ft. Worth Stock Show mini show and sale we were impressed with her zest for life and wonderful sense of humor. Nancy, Harriett, Diane VanKuren and I became partners in the After Dark Design Syndicate and had a wonderful time meeting at horse shows all over the country. Although Nancy lived in Texas, Harriett in NY, Diane in NC and I in PA, we talked often, visited as much as possible and had a great time talking minis. When Nancy was diagnosed with this somewhat rare disease she made up her mind never to give up and has outlived her doctor's expectations by a long time. Although she has only been able to watch her minis out the window for quite awhile they brought a great deal of joy to her life. The last time I talked to her just a few weeks ago she was still talking about trying to get a Design offspring out in the show ring. Although I do not know funeral plans at this time anyone who would like to send a card to Mike, daughter's Amy and Betsy and families the address is :

Mike Brehm

5 Trails End Rd.

Abilene, TX 79602

I am really sorry to hear that you lost your long time friend
default_sad.png

She sounded like a wonderful lady that was much loved by her family and friends.

{{{{Hugs}}}} to everyone. My thoughts and prayers go out to all.

What was her farm name? I know people more by that than by their real names.

Mini Happy Returns is the farm name. Very few people knew how sick Nancy was as she did not talk about it. The last National show we went to she was on oxygen and could not walk very far but she was the strongest person I knew.

default_sad.png
I am so sorry for the loss of your friend as well. It is never easy and my prayers are out to the family too

I am so sorry to hear this...Nancy and I corresponded about mini`s a few years back and I know what a wonderful person she was....prayers go out to her family...

Margot, I had heard she was ill but I didnt know how sever it was. I know you will miss her so much, she had such a great personality and zest for life. She has been a wonderful partner on Dark Design and I know you ladies had such a great time at the shows! Im glad the miniatures gave her such happiness as they do most of us! You were lucky to have such a friend! Laura

I'm sorry to hear this. She was a very nice lady. I had emailed her about horses in the past.

Prayers for her family in helping them get thru this time.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of this wonderful person. Godspeed!

My most sincere sympathies to Nancy's husband and daughters and their families, and also to you Margot, for the loss of a very dear friend of yours. Thank you for letting us know. Nancy was a wonderful woman and will be sadly missed, not only by her family, but by all that knew her.

Blessings to her family........ I am sending Light to all........

There will be a memorial service for Nancy in Abilene, Texas on Monday June 1 and she is being buried in the family plot in Mercer, PA on Weds, June 3. Thanks to all the people who expressed their sympathies. Nancy was a wonderful friend and true lover of miniature horses.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I am sending prayers and hugs to you and her family and to all those who knew and will miss her...

Blessings to all who knew and loved her...........

Nancy was a dear friend, we will miss her so much. We met over miniature horses, but our friendship developed to much more than that. There isn't a sweeter more caring person I know of. Goodbye Nancy.

Our thoughts go our to Mike, Betsy, Amy and the rest of her family.

Latest posts

Back