Sad morning ... Cowboy angel filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sending sympathy your way..........I know it's rough. Your mare's temp should be taken several times over the next couple of days to make sure all is normal and cleaned out.

Sounds like your little mare is handling it emotionally and that's good.

Oh, I am really sorry about your loss. What a shame! My neighbors had a couple of mares abort and they had the mares flushed anyway. Not ALL low grade infections show up with a culture, and unless you are sure of the reason why...

Give your mare a hug- and you too- how heartbreaking and hope your other one foals soon and safely!

Sorry to hear about the loss of your foal
default_no.gif
Hugs coming your way. Joyce

Thank you so much everyone. Sofie seems a little perkier, and is acting mostly like herself. I gave her a little banamine an hour ago, and just turned the horses out for a while since the sky has cleared and it's a little warmer. First thing she did was look around and call for the baby, but she settled down after that. It's sad to see now, but it is good to know she will be a good mom when she has the chance.

I think it's gonna be OK now. I am watching the overdue mare (Annie) like a hawk, because she lost her first foal last year (before she was here) and I will not go through any more of this if there is anything I can do to prevent it!!

Leia, the only places I've seen any Cowboy pictures I can remember has been on Farmyard Frolic's website.

I'm so sorry Sophie lost her baby. She was lovely!

I know it hurts really bad.
default_sad.png
{{{{Hugs}}}}

Faith how is Sophie and you doing today??? So sorry you are going through this.

Have you found out if Annie is got a baby in there for sure? And Lacey, is she bred for this year?

Hope you are doing better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about your little foal so sad...

I'm so very sorry, your filly was lovely.
default_sad.png
Been there with a twisted umbilical cord, and it's heartbreaking to get so close and still lose the foal.
default_sad.png
I hope your mare will be fine.

Sofie is much perkier today. You would almost not even guess she was ever pregnant. My kids came home today from being out of town and I had to break the news. They took it better than I expected, thank God! I am still just so sad that we won't have this filly to raise, so disappointed! But everything happens for a reason I guess.

Kim, this baby's stage of development reminded me a lot of the picture I saw of a foal from your place, on Crayonbox's website. So sad to have something go wrong this late in the game.

We do hope for one more foal this year, from Annie, who is at 355 days today. She is ginormous, has no bag development (didn't bag up till she foaled before), and I *think* I am feeling/seeing some movement that isn't just her breathing, so we shall see --- SOON I hope! She is on barn cam and halter monitor, and she has started this funny leaning her butt against the wall posture that she was doing a lot last night.

I am so very sorry to hear of your and Sofie's loss!
default_sad.png

Glad to hear she's doing good!!

Kari

Latest posts

Back