Sad day, our Mini Aussie has passed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno, I always felt so guilty about having to keep him up so much, but my now four year old was pretty traumatized by it, but he was a good boy when we were around to help him remember his manners.

Anyway, Kenny buried him today. Kinda sad, seems most young men as they grow to the age for college/leaving home end up having to bury their childhood puppies. I guess a sad rite of passage.

I think we'll be ready for another dog in a year or two. Don't know what kind, we will see what the shelters have that will be good w/kids, I believe.

Thank you all for your thoughts, he has been part of our family as long as we've owned this house and for sure we all miss him.

Liz

I'm sorry for the loss of your Moonie. ((((HUGS))))

I'm so sorry Liz. :no: I prefer the pain of having to make the decision as then there is time for both of you to prepare and say goodbye. I cannot imagine how I'd feel if I lost one of my animals without any warning.

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
Awwwww....I'm sorry to hear that Liz

That is how I'd like all my animals to go though.....peacefully at home so I don't have to make the agonizing decision on whether it's time or not.....but I still know it is painful to not say goodbye.

And like my signature says

Don't cry because it's over; Smile because it happened

~kathryn

Oh Liz, I am so sorry. Don't ever blame yourself on the way his life was. You gave him a forever home and nothing is better than that. He knew you loved him and even though things were different later in life than what you really wanted, you didn't get rid of him just because he was difficult at times. He understood. I am sure of that!

Many (((hugs)))

Gosh Liz, I am so sorry for the loss of your family member. He sure was a cutie and I love the pictures with him and Mouse. He had a wonderful life with you and your family.

Awww Liz I'm so sorry!!!! What a beautiful boy he was..... I was so sad when I saw this post. I've been late in reading and responding to topics and have been trying to catch up this morning. Know that my heart breaks for your loss of such a wonderful little dog. I'm sure he knows he was loved by you and lived a good long happy life.

Latest posts

Back