Sad day on the farm yesterday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfmini

Reaction score
We discovered our old guy (24 years) Fishers Master Mickey (sire of Little Kings Master Bucks) died sometime Friday night after I had fed. He was lying there flat out, peacefully. It was a big suprise, he had dragged me to the mares Friday afternoon so he could talk dirty to them, this after playing hard to catch in the round pen.

We told the mares he is bred to to hang on to those precious cargos, they are the last ones. Makes it even harder to be selling them all, but go they must. Maryanne Ebert told us to never sell his fillies, they are great broodmares. Hope one of the mares we are keeping has a filly!

He was a grand old man, he will be missed greatly. This is a picture I took of him 2 years ago.

Mickey.jpg

Sad to hear about his passing. We had a filly sired by him. Really loved her head but she was too short for our breeding program so we sold her. Good luck on the mares that have been bred to him.

Oh Jody, that is so sad for you...... but glad to hear he went peacefully.

MA

Sorry to hear about his passing.

I hope every mare you have bred to him delivers a healthy live foal for you guys!

God love him! He will truely be missed. I loved Mickeys spirit and style.

I'm so sad to hear that Jody. Glad he was able to go peacefully in his sleep tho. He was a grand ole guy!
yes.gif

Oh NO! I am so sorry! I used to have a stallion that was sired by Fishers Master Mickey-- Fishers Cisco Kid. "Cisco" is in a new home now but we retained some of his daughters. One of his sons (a gelding now owned by a good friend) took unanimous Grands and a Supreme in August at his very first try at Halter.

Mickey was a grand old man, my sincere condolences on your loss.

{{{{Jody}}}} I'm so sorry you lost your grand boy. But I'm glad he went peacefully, and knowing he was loved. What a beautiful boy he was!

Jody I am so sorry- no-one is immortal. I only pray that when I do lose Rabbit, he can go as Mickey did. What a wonderful thing for him to slip so gently away, knowing he was loved, knowing his ladies were near.

Oh Jody, he was a beautiful old man! I am sorry, but it was nice that he was a happy dirty talker right untill the end! He had a wonderful life and I hope you get some perfect fillies from him next year.

What a beautiful stallion! I'm so sorry for his passing but how wonderful he went so quietly and now you have so much to look forward to in his children.

Didn't know him of course, but if his picture is any indication he was quite a fellow! Our sincere condolances, Carl and Maxine

I'm so sorry that you had to find him like that Jody. You must have been so horrified but it does sound like he just went to sleep and that is a blessing. Please accept my condolences through this hard time. hugs

So sorry Jody and Judy...it is so sad to see a lot of the great ones from the past are leaving...But there will be many of their kids to carry on...Bless his huge heart and soul! I bet he is creating quite a ruckus over the Rainbow Bridge!

I am so sorry our loss of such a beautiful stallion. God Bless his mares with beautiful last foals for you in the spring.

Jody, that is so sad! The old ones are so amazing and special.

You gave him all that he could want until the moment he did not need it anymore, and that is the best thing in the world.

Please accept my condolences.

Liz M.

Latest posts

Back