Runny Nose??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minishowgirl

Reaction score
My yearling has been having a runny nose. When I put her in for the night shes fine but when I come in in the morning her nose is runny with white mucus. In an hour of being outside its gone. She has no other symptoms of anything just a runny nose. Do you think it could be allergies?? Her stall is right next to our hay.Plus my allergies are bugging me at night too.

Well it could be allergies, but, is it in one nostrol or two? Is she coughing? Does she have a fever? I could be a bad tooth, allergies, as you say, sinus problem, or any number of things. If the color changes to green or yellow, that would signal infection, call the vet. If there are other symptoms such as cough or fever, call the vet. If it is thick and she has any swellings in the throat, call the vet, this is a red alert! If it continues for more then a few days, call the vet! sorry don't mean to scare you, just want to help and I hope it is nothing more then an alergic reaction, as I also have a mare that can't stay in the barn becuase she has allergies. When I was showing her it was awful trying to keep her in. My vet had to put her on meds. so now she stays outside with a run in.

One nostril, no cough, no fever. Im going to try her on a benadryl tonight to see if it helps. If its not gone in a few days ill have the vet out.

Latest posts

Back