ROLOFF FARM VISIT!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
Today Tracy and I went to the Roloff Farm to take the "tour" and get a pumpkin!! :bgrin If you dont know who the Roloffs are, they have a TLC show called "Little People, Big World". The parents, Matt and Amy Roloff are little people and they have 4 kids, twin boys Jeremy and Zach (Zach is a little person), Molly (average height) and Jacob (also average height) and they live in just outside Hillsboro, Oregon on a 34 acre farm. To learn more about them, here is a link: Roloff Farm

Anyway, here are some pics from our visit. I also have pics of me in the tree house and with Matt, but they are on a film camera and have to wait til they are developed. We saw Matt, Zach and Jacob, but not Amy, Jeremy or Molly. The farm was packed today and the pumpkins pretty well picked over! The weather was perfect! I wanted to get Matt's book and have him sign it, but they were out.
default_sad.png

Photo_167.jpg
Sign near their farm

Photo_168.jpg
Pumpkin Patch

Photo_169.jpg
Tree House

Photo_174.jpg
Western Town

Photo_173.jpg
Western Town

Photo_172.jpg
Western Town

Photo_171.jpg
Castle

Btw, he built all these things himself!! Pretty amazing!! There was also a pirate ship, but that pic came out too dark and there is a pond (drained) and other things...very kewl!! :aktion033:

I'd rather go to a place like that than one of those up market theme parks any day!!!

Really neat!!! H and I have watched that show a few times and they are very interesting people and seem also to be very nice!

That Western town is SO COOL. Where is this located?
Its very kewl!! :aktion033: He used old timbers and barn wood (from old falling down barns) and made a whole town. Some pics are hard to see, kinda fuzzy, but there is a post office, sheriff's office, jail, saloon, blacksmith, livery stable, church, house, general store, hotel, etc...plus some underground tunnels (I didnt go under...lol)

It is located just outside Hillsboro, Oregon (which is about 30 min or so from downtown Portland). The "tour" is only open during Pumpkin season. Matt built these things for himself and his family, but have of course became famous because of it (even before the show on TV).

Really neat!!! H and I have watched that show a few times and they are very interesting people and seem also to be very nice!
Jill, I only really met Matt, but he seems very nice in person!!
default_yes.gif
:

Figures, half a country away, lol... but maybe someday. I'd love to see that.

I was just telling my husband last night while watching the show that I would love to visit their farm some day. They seem like such a nice family. Thanks for sharing your visit and the pictures. They said on the show that they had planted 10,000 pumpkin seeds.

With all the talk of Oregon it's one state that I would love to see. So we hope to have a cross country trip someday and visit.... Long trip from Virginia.
default_smile.png

Kim

[SIZE=14pt]I love that show! I watched it last night where they went to Hawaii. I also saw where they where PLANTING those pumpkins.[/SIZE]

April

Never watched the show, but that is one very cool farm! Can you imagine having that in your backyard??

Wow! I have never seen the show and had no idea about the farm. I would love to see it!

We went to one on Sauvies Island yesterday (thought about you guys when we drove through/past St. Johns!)

We went to the Haunted Corn Maze. *LOL* Poor Colton, he screamed once like he was being murdered when a ten foot tall crow-like monster w/red, glowing eyes popped out of the cornfield and "boo" ed him.

We got a few pumpkins, though we need to go back, we plan on hitting a different corn maze/pumpkin farm.

Liz M.

How neat! I've watched that show from the start and enjoy it. I'm glad you got to go visit!

I HAVE STARTED WATCHING SINCE I HAVE BEEN HOME, NEAT SHOW, THEY SEEM DOWN TO EARTH AND VERY NICE! IT'S REALLY NEAT YOU GOT TO VISIT!

MY PARENTS HAVE A FARM AND SELL PUMPKINS, SQAUSH, GOURDS,CORNSTALKS ALL THAT FUN FALL STUFF! I LOVE THIS TIME OF THE YEAR!

THANKS FOR SHARING, NIKKI

Wow, that is too cool! I saw Amy shopping at Fred Meyer one time before the TV series even started and also drove by their place a few months ago but it was closed to the public. I was curious but didn't want to be a pest and go past the front sign. It's really an amazing area up there with the old farmhouses, barns and churches; like time has stood still up there. I recognized that they were in the Rock Creek Tavern in the episode where Zach was still trying to get his driving permit... been there many times over the years.

Susanne and I were just talking about paying the place a visit around the end of October. I don't want to miss it.

That's cool that you got to see some of the family. I had wondered that with the show being so popular now if they would be hiding in the house, just having hired help deal with the public! The fact that they are still out there is really cool. From seeing the show it looks like Matt is a real people person and probably loves dealing with the public, while Amy seems to like a little more privacy.

So, did you get to see the pumpkin trebuchet in action? I really want to see that thing go. :aktion033:

I wonder if they would be interested in miniature horses and would they take it the wrong way if you mentioned that to them
default_smile.png
Probably not... seems like that would be good match to me!

Daryl

Wow! I have never seen the show and had no idea about the farm. I would love to see it!

We went to one on Sauvies Island yesterday (thought about you guys when we drove through/past St. Johns!)

We went to the Haunted Corn Maze. *LOL* Poor Colton, he screamed once like he was being murdered when a ten foot tall crow-like monster w/red, glowing eyes popped out of the cornfield and "boo" ed him.

We got a few pumpkins, though we need to go back, we plan on hitting a different corn maze/pumpkin farm.

Liz M.
LOL! Poor Colton! :lol: I wanted to go to a haunted corn maze (or any corn maze), but Tracy isnt into those and I wouldnt want to go thru one by myself! :new_shocked:

Wow, that is too cool! I saw Amy shopping at Fred Meyer one time before the TV series even started and also drove by their place a few months ago but it was closed to the public. I was curious but didn't want to be a pest and go past the front sign. It's really an amazing area up there with the old farmhouses, barns and churches; like time has stood still up there. I recognized that they were in the Rock Creek Tavern in the episode where Zach was still trying to get his driving permit... been there many times over the years.

Susanne and I were just talking about paying the place a visit around the end of October. I don't want to miss it.

That's cool that you got to see some of the family. I had wondered that with the show being so popular now if they would be hiding in the house, just having hired help deal with the public! The fact that they are still out there is really cool. From seeing the show it looks like Matt is a real people person and probably loves dealing with the public, while Amy seems to like a little more privacy.

So, did you get to see the pumpkin trebuchet in action? I really want to see that thing go. :aktion033:

I wonder if they would be interested in miniature horses and would they take it the wrong way if you mentioned that to them
default_smile.png
Probably not... seems like that would be good match to me!

Daryl
Hey, if you and Susanne go, I'll go back with ya!!

I have also seen the Roloffs out and about town before they were "famous"...since they live locally. Of them that I saw on Saturday, Matt was the only one who was really into meeting the people (altho he mostly drove around in his golf cart, but stopped to say Hi to people). Zach was getting his picture taken with someone,looking alittle like he didnt want to be there...of course, that's typical teenager for ya!! lol Jacob was walking past me with another boy about his age, looking like he was trying not to be noticed...LOL!
default_wub.png
: (He's really cute!)

They do have a lot of people who are working at their farm during this...the kids arent working.

Yep, we DID get to see the pumpkin trebuchet in action! Tracy got those on film, too...so pics later!

From watching the show, they really arent into farm animals. They do have a dog, but that's it. So, I dont think they would be interested in Minis, really. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
From watching the show, they really arent into farm animals. They do have a dog, but that's it. So, I dont think they would be interested in Minis, really. :eek:

She actually said that on the show, that they are not animal people, it was the one where he decided the farm should have a rooster. She was not impressed when he brought one home! :bgrin

Latest posts

Back