Roller Skating Horse!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dona

Reaction score
I know it's not a Mini, but I am SOOOOOO excited! I was just browsing through You Tube & came across my Dad's cousin & his roller skating horse "Jimmy" on an old "I've Got a Secret" show! I had always heard stories of Albert & "Jimmy the Wonder Horse", who appeared in TV & Movies back in the day. Actually he only lived about 20 miles from us....but I never met him or "Jimmy" as they were on the road most of the time. When I was a teen, I found a postcard of them at a local "diner". I bought it & have kept it all those years.

SkatingHorse0001.jpg

But, I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd ever get to see them in action! Of course, Jimmy is long gone....and I believe Albert is gone as well. Wish I had known them back then.....but I was just a small child at the time.

Here is the link to the YOU TUBE video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKbFP09XYf8

The clip starts out with a boy & a goat. Then Jimmy & Albert (Abe) will be on after that. After the questioning session....Albert brings Jimmy out to skate on stage! (he has a little trouble getting the skates to roll as they have him on linoleum that sinks a bit under his weight) Now I have proof for all those people who never believed me when I was a kid (and even now) when I told them my Dad's cousin had a roller skating horse! :)

ENJOY!

Thanks for posting!! I never heard of them, but it scares me to think how he trained that horse without breaking a leg. There must have been a lot of trust involved.

Thanks for posting! What a neat piece of family history to have documented. And what a patient horse and trainer!

They must have had an amazing "connection". I know that Abe kept Jimmy till he died of old age. And he never had any other horses that he trained that I know of.

How exciting for you to find that. And they stumped the panel and won a whopping $80.
default_thumbup.gif

Back