Roger- the big fat yearling gets clipped!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoeboxstables

Reaction score
I FINALLY GOT MY DOUBLE Ks IN!!!!!! :bgrin :risa8: :new_multi: :488:

Can you tell I'm excited?

And I am totally in love with them- FANTASTIC! My previous clippers had died, and I had resorted to using my mom's human clippers- and boy did they VIBRATE and were SUPER loud, so the Double K's were a HUGE relief.

Since I have a show with Diva next week, and I've never actually body clipped a horse, the big fat stinky yearling was top on the list of test subjects. Now that he's a gelding, Roger has been much more cooperative- and he still was holding onto a ton of winter hair. It's been in the 90's here! So Roger was the test monkey. He was great! And I was super excited, since he was born last June with a full winter coat, and really puffed up this winter, I've never seen what he really looks like under all his hair (besides a rough clip). I have NO clue what color he is- mom's most likely a grullo and dad's a palomino- but mom's got some crazy colors going on. I think I'll post some pics of her on the main forum and ask.

So this is what he looked like in the morning:

rogerb4.jpg

And an hour later:

rogerafter.jpg
rogerafter1.jpg

He's not so good at the picture taking thing though
default_rolleyes.gif
: That could be the most unattractive pose there is!

He was so good, minus the legs. But it doesn't matter on him. I think he's pretty cute! Maybe we'll have a lesson today and get some nicer pictures. :eek:

Kaitlyn

he looks good. I just clipped my yearling colt yesterday too. I found the same thing, he looked like he has a big belly before he was clipped, nnow he looks good. Your gelding is a neat color.

Angie

He looks good...you did a great job of clipping! He looks similar in color to a yearling colt I have here, and I am not 100% sure on his color either!! Some shade or combination of buckskin/dun!

[SIZE=12pt]Wish I could go on a diet like that :bgrin :bgrin [/SIZE]

He looks terrific!!

Joy

Latest posts

Back