Rocklone Coupling 2017

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was more done today than the other day ;)

She does not tolerate him trying to herd her or dominate her though, shes a top mare. Its her terms lol so he has had a few tellings off. I think he has got the message now but we will see. I might try them out in the field tomorrow, as they grazed fine in the paddock today.

What a great photo!!

They will make a fabulous baby.

Hmm... I miss our large pony mares that always seemed to ovulate on day 3-5 or so. I loved it when I could hand breed a mare 1x and she went out of heat. Our first stallion got really good at letting us know when the mare was getting ready to ovulate and got really tired of me "telling" him he had to breed a mare.

We did have one mare that literally stayed in heat for 21 days. OMG - that was horrible. The owner didn't want to invest in US to see if the mare was anywhere close to ovulating and we bred that mare every other day - not loose as she was a fighter (O stated that she'd been like that the previous times she'd been bred as well). The stallion got to the point he'd go to the back of his stall/pen and hide his head down in the corner. I would have another mare ready for teasing beside the first and then we'd "swap" mares for the actual cover/breeding. We did get the mare in foal but I got the distinct impression that AJ was overjoyed to see that mare's tail on a trailer leaving our place, LOL! She did produce a "WOW" factor colt though.

Our 2nd stallion - hmm. He took forever to take care of business. Took years before he finally learned that he was going to be washed before hand and that if the mare was going crazy kicking - he wouldn't necessarily get to breed her that day. I swear, the mares that were ready (little hussies), he seemed to literally turn his nose up at (not a true flehmen response) and turn away! Silly boy! There were several years where I wondered if I'd EVER get any foals...

Yea my little Mans very good at knowing things to. He will stil cover but he doesn't necessarily finish or have any real enthusiasm. When they are ripe he goes bananas on them hahahha

Latest posts

Back