Roadster silks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyHollow

Reaction score
I am making my own Roadster silks and will be debuting them at AMHR Nationals. I bought this gorgeous deep purple fabric with butterflies on it with a solid gold for the contrast color. Is this allowed or do they have to be solid? I have seen added embellishments on roadster silks but didn't know if the butterflies would be allowed.

I can always get another solid fabric to go with the gold (since I haven't started stitching yet) but I really, really like this fabric.

I've only borrowed silks for shows (both of them - :bgrin) but need my own set if I'm going to keep doing it. Just not sure what's allowed. Thanks!

The butterfly material is fine. You do see trotting silks with all types of imbellishments including simple farm logos on the shoulders.

The rule states

Section 10, Page 252, Part 15-Roadster

Para F: Attire: Exhibitors are requiredd to wear stable colors, cap and jacket to match, of hte type found on the trotting tracks of America.

I'm in the process of making my granddaughters silks for Nationals as well. This will be her first Roadster class at Nationals, but she has been driving for several years now.

She chose the colors of red and pink with silver as the accent color but it looked like dirty dish water when put up next to the red/pink, so we went with the accent color of royal blue. She wanted a cinnamon twist candy cane on the back of her silks, so trying to incorporate that on the back. You won't be able to miss her. The trick for me is making her stretch cover for her helmet. Thankfully I found a pattern for it from SuitAbility.

I also found a beautiful deep purple satin that has a oriental dragon type animal done in gold on it and I'm going to do it up and use gold as the accent color.

One I want to do sooooo bad for someone is red with black chinese lanterns emblazened on it. It would be beautiful with the accent color of black.

Thanks for the help! Mine is an oriental type with the butterflies. SuitAbility is where I got the pattern as well! Luckily I can wear the hat and don't have to try to match the material for a helmet cover.

Ebony & I have been driving for several years as well but just decided to try Roadster this year. We both love it! I'll have to watch for your granddaughter in Roadster! I'll be in Over Ammy Roadster and Over Open Roadster. Tell your granddaugher good luck for me!

Latest posts

Back