Ripped off on the sale board.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mydaddysjag

Reaction score
I recently purchased a tack item on the sale board, and paid by paypal over 15days ago for the item that was to be shipped right away as it was for a Christmas gift. Since paying, I had emailed the seller twice asking for my tracking number and if it had shipped yet, and they didnt reply. They then posted more items on the sale board, so I knew they had internet access.

I emailed them and told them I would need to contact paypal if they were not going to reply to me or send my items they promptly replied and said they were having email problems, and that my item was shipped a few days earlier, and should be to me by the next day. That was 4 days ago that it was supposed to arrive, and now no word from them again. I asked for a tracking number and they said they didnt have one because that costs extra, which sounds bogus to me because I ship things all the time, and the tracking number is on the receipt, its delivery conformation you pay extra for.

At this point, who can I contact to report this to? paypal and someone at lil beginnings? who would I email at lil beginnings?

This person is still putting ads on the sale board, and still has my item advertised for sale..

Oh so sorry you are having trouble with your purchase!!! I hope it gets straightened out quickly!

At this point, who can I contact to report this to? paypal and someone at lil beginnings? who would I email at lil beginnings?This person is still putting ads on the sale board, and still has my item advertised for sale..
I don't know how, as it hasn't come up for me; but paypal should be able to help you, go to your account and look into getting your money back. I think you have to file some sort non-performing seller form (or something like that).

Good luck! At least you do have the fact you paid with Paypal on your side, as I am pretty sure they will refund up to $2000.

Why DO these places do such things? Do they not realize that a bit of negative "feedback" will hurt them eventually?

I bought an item on-line from a Tack Shop in Ontario back in September; but unfortunately I paid by cheque. (Which, BTW, was cashed before the end of September.). I have e-mailed, and phoned, to no avail...still aslmost $100. out. I don't expect to ever see my money, but I have contacted the Better Business Bureau, and hope that rattles them enough that they don't do this to someone else.

Anyone else here know of Carnefeagh Tack in Lindsay, Ontario?

It is frustrating for the site when people don't follow through on sales or have shown other bad business practices.

We do keep track of offenders and have recently started displaying our suspended accounts list on our LB Last Chance Auction Announcement Page in an effort to keep our auction safer.

Oh yeah!!! A happy ending!?!

Latest posts

Back