RIP Artie

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildoak

Reaction score
Artie, some of you may remember, is our little mare who dislocated/fractured her femur several years ago. She had surgery and after some initial ups and downs, has hobbled pretty happily around our place. She's had free run of the farm and has been fat & happy with the help of our farrier & a special shoe from Janell Jensen, but apparently her heart just gave out this morning. Her good hind leg was taking a terrific strain and I think the additional load just became too much for her. She was a fighter, and worked her way into all of our hearts here.

We also lost our only foal of the year earlier this week due to a twisted cord, so I am glad the week is over.

Jan

I'm sorry about Artie, but you know she is in a better place. She was such a pretty mare . It was hard to see her hobble around remembering her as a show mare.

I'm sorry for your loss, Jan...
default_sad.png

Liz R.

My condolences, you really have had a rough week with two losses. It sounds like Artie had a wonderful life and you gave her several quality years after her injury.
default_wub.png

I'm very sorry for your losses......Sounds like Artie was a little trooper.

I am very sorry for your losses. Hugs!

Jan,

We're so sorry for your loses this week! (((Hugs)))

Bill & Wanalynn

I am so sorry for your loss. We have had a difficult week, too.

So very sorry to read of your losses. Sending sincere sympathy and hugs.

Anna

In so sorry for your loss
default_sad.png
can we see a pic of your little girl

Jan, I'm so sorry about Artie. She was very special and to lose her after an already very tough time. I'm just so sorry. I hope you find peace in knowing she was loved and now is free. Hugs to you.

My condolences on both of your losses {{{{ hugs }}}}
no.gif

I am very sorry for your losses! You certainly did all you could for your pretty mare. Heartbreaking to lose your foal. Big hugs to you!
default_crybaby.gif

Back