restless leg syndrom

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

krissy3

I have had RLS for about 6 years now, and it seems like its getting worse. The evenings are really bad, from about 10 pm on until I can fall asleep, and long air flights are a nightmare, late dinners out where I have to sit longer then an hour are a nightmare too. Does anyone else have this , and what do you do to cope with the cramping,and itching ? I was told that a simple calcium pill will help, is this true, ( if only it was that simple)
no.gif

I get it too sometimes. I thought it might be nerves. Try putting your feet up or just walking around.

This is silly but I mentioned it to someone else and they their Dr. told them to eat a banana every day.

Last edited:
I know the potassium is good for cramping, but for the burning and itching? I will give it a try, Thanks
yes.gif
I am on my feet all day long, and at the end of the day I just want to rest my poor legs.
no.gif

Ok, being on your feet all day could be part of it. You need to take some time to sit with your feet up on an ottoman or something like that, a Lazy Boy chair .... ahhhhh !!! Think how good that would feel.

Ok, being on your feet all day could be part of it. You need to take some time to sit with your feet up on an ottoman or something like that, a Lazy Boy chair .... ahhhhh !!! Think how good that would feel.

Ahhh, that would feel really good ...Adorable boxer !! love his markings.
wub.gif

The other thing that you can try is seeing a chiropractor. If my back is out of alignment just enough, I get RLS too. After seeing the chiropractor it usually goes away.

Hi, I used to suffer from RLS badly. Drove me crazy. Interestingly when my doctor scheduled other tests for muscle pain and joint pain I was also having they discovered I was very vitamin D low. Since I have been on the vitamin D supplement I haven't had a RLS attack at all. I am taking calcium and vitamin D now and haven't had pain or RLS in over 8 months. Could be coincidence, but thought I would mention it just in case.

I have also heard that if you drink tonic water you can get less muscle cramping but I find that stuff hard to swallow. too yucky but my husband does drink it. good luck.
wub.gif

I suffer from RLS also. I find that stretching my legs before bed, helps A LOT.. I usually stretch for several minutes on a step so my heels can be dropped and stretch until it just starts to get uncomfortable.

I suffer from RLS also. I find that stretching my legs before bed, helps A LOT.. I usually stretch for several minutes on a step so my heels can be dropped and stretch until it just starts to get uncomfortable.

THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL sooo much for your suggustions ...I will try all of them ! The calsium vitamin D, tonic, stretching, etc.. glad to know that others have this too. I remember what it was like to be relaxed at bedtime , no tossing turning, shifting and pointing toes till legs cramp up in the night... I hope I can get back to that nice relaxed sleep again, and actually SLEEP through the night.
aktion033.gif

I have RLS from my Lyme disease, so my disease process is different. I MUST take Neurontin to help with mine. If I dont take it, I dont sleep. Its taken just 2 hours before I go to sleep, I then sleep the night through and generally dont wake up groggy. Never found anything to help, supplements, yoga, excercise, nothing. Good luck!

The Hubs has suffered with RLS for years and we've tried everything possible to ease the symptoms. Scripts, home remedies, vitamins, massages.. nothing gave him any relief. His symptoms were mostly in the evening and at night.

The Doc finally prescribed a low-dose Xanax to be taken with supper.

It was like a miracle cure, he hasn't had a single episode since that first prescription.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Didn't you know there's a medication for it? I take it every night about 7 pm cause mine start about 730 pm. It's called "Requip" WONDERFUL DRUG!!!!!! TJ

Find yourself a Myofascial Release Therapist(MFR) trained in the JOHN BARNES method of MFR!!! Right away- no need to suffer with this ailment!

I've been using Nightime Leg Calm by Natures Inventory for the last couple of years, first thing I've found that works. You just rub a few drops of the oil into your lower back, it's supposed to calm the nerves affecting your legs. Easy, inexpensive and non Rx, smells good
default_smile.png
RLS bothers me intermittently - I don't know why or what changes, but when it does I use this before I go to bed and it rarely fails me.

Jan

Latest posts

Back