Rest In Peace Sandy Nicholls

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniv

Reaction score
Last night Larry got an e-mail from a mutual friend that Sandy Nicholls, owner of Establo (A Stable Business) had passed away the night before.

Sandy and her husband, Glen, began breeding AMHA miniature horses in Washington state under the name "A Stable Business". Some time in the mid 1990's they moved to Texas and began switching their breeding focus to Arenosa miniature Shetlands, and began the name "Establo". Glen passed away and Sandy dove even stronger into the Arenosa line, taking many many national titles with her beautiful horses.

Recently Sandy's health took a downturn and she sold and gave away many of her ponies, keeping approximately 14. She moved from Texas to southern California to be with her son. Sandy passed away in her sleep night before last.

Sandy had a gift, an eye, for beauty in horses that not everyone has. Larry and I are honored to have known her and to have been her friend.

I heard the sad news this morning. Sandy was an amazing woman and breeder that taught me so much! I feel very privileged to have had her as a friend and have some of her horses to

remember her by. She will be missed.

Gosh
default_sad.png
I didn't know her, but I knew of her. I'd heard about her AMHA minis for years and of course her fabulous Establo ponies.

Great breeders they were. She is with Glen again now.

My thoughts go out to her family and friends.

Sandy was one of a kind. She and Glen visited here many times. She bought Rowbuck Dally from us and took her to National Grand Champion A mare. She had an eye for a horse. You will be missed Sandy.

I just learned of Sandy's passing earlier today. I was shocked to learn of it, as I do her web site and had no idea she was unwell, although I had suspected something was not quite right as she wasn;t answering emails. My deepest condolences to her family and friends. Her and Glenn will once again be happily reunited.

Latest posts

Back