Replacing Double K cord questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mydaddysjag

Reaction score
When I originally purchased my double k's a few years ago I bought them used, and got a good deal. The downfall was that they only have the really short cable (6' I believe)

So, not only is the cord clunky, but I don't have much to work with. I'm thinking of replacing the cord with a longer cord, because I think it will make it MUCH easier for me to clip, especially not having to worry if my clippers will reach around. Is it hard to change the cable? What length do you prefer? Where is the cheapest place to purchase the replacement cables?

I personally wouldn't go over the 12' cable. I think that's what mine has on it and it seems like a lot of cable to handle as it is. I was recently looking at new cable prices and for the 12' cord i think you were looking at close to $100.... Let me know if you find a cheap place to buy them though! We were looking at possibly distributing some but we had to buy at least $500 upfront to get a really good deal on them.

We bought a 20' cable with our original Ks and it was kinda too long. When it broke we got a 12' cable from Fort Worth Shaver and it works fine! I think it was $89.

They are easy to replace- pull apart and snap the next one on. Because we live only 25 miles from FTS we had them show us how. They are SUPER nice to deal with. We get our blades sharpened there and they have repaired/maintained our handpiece several times. Plus we can get levers and felts whenever we need (I work about five miles away!)

Lucy

We use the 12' and find it just fine. Pro-Cut has all the replacement parts to the clippers

We bought ours originally with the 20 foot cable and got tangled up in it as much as the horses did. The 12 foot is perfect.

We sent ours to Double K and they just replaced or maybe cut it down to the 12 foot.

Latest posts

Back