Replacing AMHA World Trophies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millstone Farm

Reaction score
I know the question was asked about replacing a stolen AMHR National award, but does anyone know if AMHA World Show trophies can be replaced? My folks had a very bad fire3 weeks ago and lost most of the contents of their house. The trophies survived, but we just found out the insurance adjuster might have had them thrown away. We gave explicit instructions that they were NOT to be discarded with the other contents, but sure enough, they are listed among the items to be replaced.

It would be trophies going back as far as 1997 and include 13 Championship and reserve champ. trophies, as well as a reserve grand trophy. Most are from 1999, but the rest are from 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001 -2004 and are the "old style" horse body as well as the newer style with the horse head.

My ribbons all survived and were sent to the cleanersto get the smell out.

thanks!

hi jen

well i don't know about the trophies, but am so sorry to here about your parents house..

good luck to you and your family!!

So sorry about the fire, hope no one was injured. Jenifer, we had one of the older style trophies fall from a high shelf and break a couple of years ago, and were able to order a replacement horse. I would think it possible to get the entire trophy. The label on the bottom of it is from Midwest Trophy Mfg in OK, 405-670-4545. www.mwtrophy.com

The newer horsehead trophy says Bryant Fine Art, Azle Texas 817-444-4341. Hope that helps.

Jan

Jenifer,

I talked with a trophy/ ribbon company last winter. Seems they frequently get calls for replacements for various reasons. She said most companies will do them as long as the breed or show sends a letter to ok the reproduction. She also said they get requests for reproductions for items that the people never actually won so most now need ok from breed or show before issuing new.

Sorry to hear about the fire.

Mark

Latest posts

Back