Relay for Life

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedWagon

Reaction score
Relay for Life is going on this time of year across the country. I wanted to encourage anyone who can to particpate and donate! Any amount helps! My family has always been actively involved in the American Cancer Society. My mother, Myrtle, is a cancer survivor--not once, not twice, but THREE times! She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1974 at the age of 34 after doctors telling her for 2 years that lump she felt couldn't be cancer-she's too young. She had a double radical mastectomy at that time. After being cancer free for 26 years, she was diagnosed with anal-rectal cancer just after her 60th birthday. She endured intensive radiation and chemotherapy. Again, she was cancer free. At her 2 year check up, she was diagnosed with vaginal cancer. After a very painful laser surgery, she at 64 is now cancer free once again & we hope to keep her that way! My mother is the captain of her local Red Hat Society's Relay for Life team. Her web page is listed below. I would love for every one to visit her page, donate if you can, and remember those that have fought this horrible disease--she is my hero!

Myrtle's Site

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back