Relay Calls - Purchasing Scam

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pam

Reaction score
I have an ad in the paper for my miniatures and maltese pups for sale. We have gotten several relay calls - calls that interpret for the deaf - for my animals. I also have the pups for sale on next day pets and puppy find.

A Ms. Matt called and of course would not give out her number for me to call her back but did give an email address. I emailed her with the requested information about my pups and got the following:

Hello,

Calvary greetings, thank you a lots for your kind gesture and understanding.How are you and how is the puppy doing? i hope he is alright and i

believe everythings are in order, i got your email and i will order my

client to issue you a cashier cheque / money order right away, you will

recieve it in minimum of 2 days. all i need from you is just your full

names, telephone number and home address where i can send the

cheuque / money order so that you can cash it, i would have love to

come and pick it up by myself but i am presently in austria for a

business purpose but that shoul'nt be a problem as i have a shipping

agent who will help me with the shipping arrangemt of the puppy,

kindly get back to me with your informations (full names,telephone

number, home address) so that i can process the payment as soon as i

can, i am sending you a cheque / money order so that you can cash it at your

nearest Bank and remove your own payment and e-mail me immediately

you cash the money so that i can get back to you with the information of

my shipping agent,where you will send the remaining amount to through western union money transfer in order for him to use it to book his flight ticket to your place and pick up the 1 male for me, retain the puppy with you till you see my cheque , Thank you so much once again for your kind gesture and understanding, have a nice day and remain bless!!!

This is the information i need from you now...

Full name

Full home Address .NO.POX BOX

Phone number (HOME AND MOBILE)

Ms.Matt

[email protected]

Two of my friends who have just advertised their dogs in the paper and same puppy links have also received this call.

I want to report this, but not sure where to report it. My husband called relay to notify them. I taught deaf for many years and it really angers me that these scam artists are abusing relay - an important service for the deaf - to get around paying long distance calls and hiding their number to play this game.

I know this has been a problem on the sales board before, and I was wondering how others possibly handled it to catch these creeps.

Let me know.

Pam

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't offer any advice Pam; it's obviously a scam. They're even running TV ads about those types of scam now. They run through the speel then say something to the effect that "those kind of propositions hardly ever work in person, that's why they're using the internet" (or something to that effect). Just think it's a good thing that TV ads are spotlighting the scams now.

Latest posts

Back