Reincarnation

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverrose28

Reaction score
I really don't believe in it, but lets play and have fun.

If you had the options to come back from the dead, as an animal, which animal would it be, and why?

I'd like to come back as a dog, and belong to Jill! Cuase it seems to me she takes real good care of them.

Just not a nappy poodle, I don't want my hair pulled on and scissored once a month!

Funny you should introduce this topic. Recently my neighbor Pentecostal preacher said that he and the Mrs. had decided that if you could come back as an animal they wanted to be one of my horses! They watch me a lot tending to them in cold, heat, rain, sleet, snow, wind, early am and late pm. I told them forget it that by the time they passed I would be too tired to care for man or beast and that they might as well come back as a free bird of some kind!

Personally, I would come back as an eagle. I have already been one in a dream and there are no words to describe how awesome my flight was. Oddly, whenever I see a lovely male cardinal I feel that my grandfather is dropping in to wish me well. I know it is goofy but I do take comfort in it really have no explanation as to why a cardinal captures my attention and makes me so sentimental. Sometimes I smell cut pine for no reason at all. He used to make picnic tables and swings and his saw would make "that smell."

I 100% believe in reincarnation. My ex was from Sydney, NSW. At 14 he begged his mom and dad to be able to go and study in India at an Ashram there. His brothers got cars and he wanted his "thing" to be be able to study in India. He and his mom went for a visit and he said as soon as he got to Bangalore and were walking the streets near where this Ashram was, he knew exactly where things were; what corners to turn on etc. He was a very "old soul". He ended up studying there for three years.

Terry! I hope our dogs feel that way. We both love them so much it really hurts, and I know it's the same for a lot of us here. I didn't expect to see this on this thread, and you really touched me!

I really do think that we have some strong connections that are SO strong, because it's not the first time "we've" been together. Maybe the order is different (parent / child / spouse / sibling / pet), but I think that some of us have really been together before, but maybe sometimes in different rolls.

This world isn't all there is, I really have seen things that confirm that I'm right on this account. There's something away from here, but I also think some of us do repeat the journey that happens "here".

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread reminds me of a book I read a few months ago. I loved the concept of it and would love for it to be real...once you pass on, you go to the 'afterlife' where you begin to live your life backward...say you died when you were 80, you would age backward in the afterlife towards childhood. When you reached infancy, you were reborn back into the world. It was an interesting take on both Heaven and Reincarnation.

I would like to be reborn as an orca (off the west coast). They just seem so majestic to me and I wouldn't have to worry about many of the things that most animals do...being rehomed, abuse, hunters (human and animal), getting hit by a car...

Don't believe it either, but if I were to come back, I too would have to say an eagle or a falcon. I thought of a dog, i know how much many of us on here spoil our own, but not all are loved and cared for, thought of a horse, but too many have horrible lives. I think a bird like a falcon or eagle, living out in nature, typically away from most of mankind, soaring above the earth.....that's a pretty sweet existence.

I agree with Carolyn about the dogs and horses and cats. I think I'd like to come back as a hippo because they spend their day submerged in water (I love to swim) and they get to eat and not worry about their weight. And my second choice would be a giraffe. Can't imagine how awesome it would be to have that view.

I totally believe in reincarnation (even being raised as a Strict Southern Baptist). However, I really, really hope this is my last time on earth. I am so tired I just want to stay in heaven and play with all my beloved pets who are waiting for me!

Pam

The responses are great so far, I never considered an orca, but they are family oriented, like me, and loyal to each other.

As for a hippo, well they surely don't need to worry about their weight and are related to the horse, but not for me, I can't stand the heat.

We have eagles and falcons and hawks here, I love to watch them soar overhead. They have such freedom.

I'm surprised no one has said a wolf. I so love them as they love family, even have baby sitters, and are very loyal to their pack.

Anyone want to be an elephant?

I really do think that we have some strong connections that are SO strong, because it's not the first time "we've" been together. Maybe the order is different (parent / child / spouse / sibling / pet), but I think that some of us have really been together before, but maybe sometimes in different rolls.

This world isn't all there is, I really have seen things that confirm that I'm right on this account. There's something away from here, but I also think some of us do repeat the journey that happens "here".
Yes
default_yes.gif

I would love to be an elephant but can't imagine being a female elephant and pregnant for that long. But elephants are amazing. Also gorillas. It's really hard to decide.

Terry! I hope our dogs feel that way. We both love them so much it really hurts, and I know it's the same for a lot of us here. I didn't expect to see this on this thread, and you really touched me!

Jill, we seem to have quite a bit in common. <smile>
God shows us reincarnation in many ways with nature......ie, the seasons, butterflies, even the "death" and RE-birth of a star!

And physics has proved that once energy is created it never dies, but takes on different forms.....and we are all energy!

But to play the game...... I've always joked with my husband about if I were to be an animal, I'd like to be one of our own dogs or cats. I'd be fed well, have a choice of comfy beds, lots of land to roam on, and would be loved. And if I were one of the dogs I'd get to go for rides in the car. LOL.

I would just love to see the pets : dogs, kitties and my beloved mare and anyother horse that I have owned in the past and then resold. To cross that bridge and see my Dad and brother and my four legged critters would be better then coming back as something else. The way things are going in this world, I wouldn't want another turn around the block.

I don't believe in reincarnation, (I know 100% I'm going to heaven when I die) but if I could be any animal, I would probably be a cat or some kind of wild cat--or a wolf or coyote =)

I'm sure I haven't gotten it right yet, so I'm bound to come back for another round in one form or another. If I have any say, I'll come back as Keith's dog or cat so that I am with him for another life. He treats our animals like humans, loves them beyond words, sleeps with them piled on him (not our horses, lol), and serves as their protector. They all adore him, so how could I go wrong? Of course, I've told him he has to remarry after I go, so I'd better add that he has to marry an animal lover!

I don’t believe in reincarnation. And I guess I’m too human to imagine myself as an animal. Unless an animal is wild, it’s too dependent on humans; I can’t (or don’t want to) picture myself so dependent.

BUT...
vickie gee mentioned eagles, which caused me to remember something.
My mother chose to die at home. My husband and I were the only family members that showed up for the occasion, and we were pretty clueless with the whole watching someone die business. Plus, my husband is a wuss so he left me inside with her a lot (which was ok; not complaining.) So at one point, I had to get out of her room and found my husband out in the pastures. He was looking up at the sky (it was one of those days out in Montana where the sky really looked like “Big Sky” country.) There were two eagles flying way up high. With tears running down his cheeks, he told me that the eagles had arrived to take my mom to join my dad (they had been together since the end of WWII.) I mouthed agreement and went back inside. The caregiver told me she had just died, I reckon about the same time he told me the eagles came to take her. I don’t believe in that “stuff” but to this day, I kind of wonder about the eagles taking my mom to join my dad... and although I don’t believe one whit, in an odd sort of way, it gives me comfort.

AngC, that eagle story just brought me to tears. I like to think when a much loved person dies the whole world (and all its many mysteries) is aware for that one moment that they have passed from this world to the next (whatever that may be) And that altho we don't individually feel the passing some small piece of our soul is aware of it and able to both grieve and rejoice at the same time.

As far as reincarnation, I know like susanne, I have not gotten it perfect yet so I will be back. I don't think I'll come back as an animal, can't learn the needed humility and love for ALL others as an animal I don't think. The animals already know those lessons and don't need to learn them.

I think I'd like to come back as a mini. I know I wouldn't like the neck sweats and drylots but I would love to be in liberty. I think I would be an awesome liberty horse.
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

"can't learn the needed humility and love for ALL others as an animal I don't think. The animals already know those lessons and don't need to learn them"

What a beautiful and so so true statement!

I definately believe in reincarnation. I have always felt that this is not my only time that I have walked on this earth. I adore animals and would love to come back as a vet in my next lifetime. Cannot think of anything more wonderful than spending my day with an animal. Or maybe the caretaker of an animal rescue.

default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back