Registration pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hhpminis

Reaction score
Otis Orchards, Washington (just east of Spokane)
Anyone have any idea if a rear picture with the tail put up with vet wrap, you know braided and then wrapped up to hock level, will be accepted?

I went out and took pictures real quick as I had someone to help me and I did not even think about his tail. The top half is loose just the part below his hocks is up.

Anyone know if they will accept this?

To me it is no different than if you pull it out of the way to show markings.

My gut tells me to get another picture?!?!?!?!?!

Don't feel bad Annette I got my t*t in a ringer here too.

I have the opposite problem on that hind view because all my horses tails are covering up their hind legs and if I hold the tails away from the body, they will get sent back for not being able to see full view of the tail colors. :DOH!

OWWW Marty! Dont you know your supposed to keep them tied up when you are around machinery!

Well, shoot, dang it all, son of a jersey!

OK, I'll go find some sucker to take another picture for me.

Tell me, how the heck do you not notice this. :DOH! My mother always told me to slow down. I can hear her now saying "Haste Makes Waste" Go ahead, laugh!

Zip%20registration%20008sml.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wellllllll....... I had assumed AMHR was looking for leg markings and not tail color, so a tail wrapped up shouldn't be a problem???

Not sure about the tail issue but I would assume they want to see the tail to note if the hair has any mixed color such as white etc..

I might get your horse to stand on a harder smooth service...reason being I thought the pictures were supposed to show the hooves? I know this time of year it's hard to do that with snow.

If I'm wrong....I apologize.

I would go ahead and send it in. I doubt they will reject it as any color would be coming from the tail head, and not below it anyway. But if it is easy to do, get another just to be sure.

No Russ, you are not wrong.

We have a foot of snow, this is the best I could do. We dont have a garage and not a good spot in the barn to do it. I thought I would try, they may nix it.Like I said, I was in a hurry because I waited until the last minute to do this.

I took pictures of just about everyone this summer and dont know why I did not of this guy. Honestly thought I had because I knew he needed to go permanent.

i dought that theyed really mind if they couldnt send it in...

Go with your gut!
default_yes.gif

I would just give it a try then the way your pictures are now(they look pretty good
default_yes.gif
). I think with winter they will understand.

I looked back in old forum posts and thought I'd put up the link. Stuff from the Journal I saw and posted.

Nice looking horse Annette!
default_aktion033.gif

March 4th post

One of the mares going permanent has a black stripe in the middle of her tail and they sent that picture back because I held it out of the way to get the leg markings go figure

If it makes you feel any better, Dan took 58 pictures today and we only got 2 usable.......so much for our photography

Thanks everyone, and Russ, thankyou too for the compliment and the link, I think he is a very nice boy too.
default_wub.png
I have not gotten to show him much as I always have a clients horse that conflicts with him but I am breaking him to drive this winter so maybe I can show him this year at a few shows. He has always done well when I was able to. I am pretty sure he will go Open Pleasure, he is progressing nicely.

I have not had any troubles with the pictures I have sent in to AMHR yet. They have all been in proportion and accepted. We will see, I am going to send them in and see. If I can get someone to help me before I seal the envelope I will take another one. If not they will either send them back or accept it. I found a summer picture of him that is not registration type but it shows his tail so I will send that with it and see if they will let me slide. I'll play stupid, I dont think that is too far of a stretch HAHA

Marty, do what I said and send one with it down and one with it pulled to the side. What else can you do? Like Adam, I dont just send in 4 pictures, I send several of each angle and let them choose which they want. Oh and that is what digitals are good for, no waste when you have 90% crummy pictures. I am the same way with taking pictures.

default_biggrin.png
you totally crack me up!!!

I would think those pictures with the tail up would be FINE! We're not regisstering the taili!? ,,,,,,lol!
default_biggrin.png
Son of A "Jersey" is STILL cracking me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_wub.png
default_biggrin.png

Oh yeah i would deffently save myself the headache and just retake the photo.

Ronaele sent in the papers for my shetland filly, Kitty, and they returned them bc in one of the photos the top of her tail was off the photo (the tip of her tail is bay, rest white) so im sure they would make a big deal wth the vet wrap too.

We spent about an hour taking photos of the two colts to transfer/register them. I just, two weeks ago, started teaching them to stand and pose correctly and then all of a sudden i was asking them to completely forget all that and stand cruddy. I confused the heck out of them.

I think i speak for us all when i say these photos are a pain in the a**
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I think i speak for us all when i say these photos are a pain in the a**
default_saludando.gif
If that translates to mean that you don't think having the pictures on the certificates is a good thing, you don't speak for all of us. If you just mean that they can be an aggrivation to take properly, I can go along with you, but I'm definately glad AMHR does now require them.

Songcatcher,

The second one, i completely and fully do believe having the photos is a GOOD thing. But they can be a hassle.

Anyone have any idea if a rear picture with the tail put up with vet wrap, you know braided and then wrapped up to hock level, will be accepted?

I went out and took pictures real quick as I had someone to help me and I did not even think about his tail. The top half is loose just the part below his hocks is up.

Anyone know if they will accept this?

To me it is no different than if you pull it out of the way to show markings.

My gut tells me to get another picture?!?!?!?!?!

Annette, If you want to take another picture go for it, but my pictures of Angel are horrible, I am in the pictures and she is all fuzzy. I figure after the Mini May show I will send in new pictures and get them redone for her registration. For now I will just use what they gave which was surprising!
default_wacko.png
...It reminds me of getting all ready for your drivers licence and no matter how much you primp, stand or smile, that darn pictures is always UGHHHH
default_wacko.png
...like you say it is no different than holding the tail to the side...I think they only print the right and left sides on the back of the papers...at least that are what I got with the 2 sets of papers I sent in to AMHR!

Jenny

I will let you all know if they accept this or not. Like I said, if I get a hand here tomorrow, I will snap another one before I send it, if not, oh well.

As far as having pictures on the papers. I am thrilled that they have them now. As long as the pictures are according to what they want, they scan onto the papers quite nice and like I said, all of mine have been proportionate. We just need to get through the learning curve.

Jenny, all of mine that I have gotten back have been the 2 side shots as well, I am hoping that may let me off the hook a bit too.
default_yes.gif

I just could not believe that I did not even think about the tail. I had hubby's help for a brief moment and grabbed the horse and snapped the pictures. It wasn't until I was resizing them that I caught it.

What a maroon!

Thanks for all your input, I appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back