Reece Family sale.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crabby-Chicken

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt] I own a full brother to Royal Reception. If anyone has the time I would LOVE to see candid Royal shots, or foals of his. I would be truly grateful. Wish I could go!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

You're in luck! I'm leaving for the airport in about an hour with camera in hand, as I am photographing the event for the Reece's. Have camera, laptop and Photoshop....will travel (and see what I can get for you)!!!

Robin C

[SIZE=14pt] Woo Hoo! Have a good time Robin, and thank you!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

Just curious about this sale. Apparently they are taking telephone bids - but if the sale isn't online how would a person know when a horse is being auctioned and how much to bid on the telephone? I could understand bidding when you can watch the sale online - but the telephone bidding has me wondering.

I did this once for a sale in FL.You call before&tell them what horse you are interested in.Before the bidding starts for that horse the auction will call you&you stay on the line&bid just as though you are there.It works very well, but I was out at the first bid because I had set my limit&that was the first bid.I think I had to have some sort of credit set up so they knew I was serious.I live only 9 miles from the Reece auction so I will be there, but not bidding.I am up to 33 horses now and sales are slow.I've got the best crop of foals ever(2 black&white homozygous colts)and nobody is buying.Even my 30"homozygous All Star stallion is not moving.I think the market is way down.I'm thinking there will be lots of no sales or some real bargains for the buyers.

Wish we could have gone this year. Had a great time last year and brought home 2 nice mares.

Had to take one son to college yesterday and oldest leaving this AM for college as well.

Would love to see some prices as there were a couple mares I was interested in.

Last year they did sell several horses over the phone. Think 2 went to Germany.

Mark

Would someone post the sale prices please? There were a few mares that I was interested in and would love to know what they went for as I was unable to be home and do the phone bid thing.

Thanks in advance.

I just posted the prices.I think they are accurate, but I do sometimes get talking to my friends&miss things.There were some very nice horses&the sale was first class.I would love to see some of the foals that will be born from some of the auction mares.People just didn't seem interested in stallions&the 3 mature breeding age stallions were very nice&did not sell.It was a nice day even though I didn't buy a horse.I am trying to cut down my herd of 33 so I don't need any more.Maybe next year because it was hard not to bid on those beautiful black&white mares(my favorite)

Latest posts

Back