Red Snow is testing ready

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought they only needed a spot the size of a quarter to qualify for pinto. Am I wrong?

If that is the case then his name is going to be:

CLP Bare Necessities or should it be CLP Daddys Overdraft?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I looked it up:

Color

A Pinto horse must have four square inches of cumulative white in the qualifying zone and underlying pink skin. The requirement is modified with the size of the equine requiring only three square inches for ponies and two square inches for miniatures.

The equines that do not meet the color requirement, but have at least two or more Pinto characteristics (blue eyes; leg white above the knee or hock; white or multi-colored hooves; collective white in the eligible zones, but not enough to qualify for color; pink skin) are registered Breeding Stock.

I called pinto association and got the scoop. He is eligible for pinto as his rear stockings are high and cover at least two square inches beyond the 3/4 point of the leg. I learned something today - :) Thanks Sedeh! :) If you look at the last photo I posted - the inside of his left leg goes real high with white. I am still going to search for a belly spot though!
default_smile.png
default_wink.png

NO BELLY SPOT!
default_smile.png

Congratulations Connie ~ What a handsome boy
default_wub.png
~ Looks like he's a keeper!!!

Janice Silvio

Amore' Miniatures & Shetland Ponies

We are ALWAYS ecstatic with HEALTHY foals - whether they are colts, fillies, pintos or solids! Every birth is a miracle and a true blessing! Thanks again to all for sharing our joy!
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back