Red Cell

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill@goodnewsfarm

Reaction score
Does anyone use Red Cell and how much do you use? Do you like the results or is it a waste of time?

Thanks

Jill B

jill i know a lot of show people use it daily. I have used it for horses that were thin and just not thrifty. it does stimulate appetitie etc. You do have to be careful on the amount as it can rev them up if given too much

I have a 31" 2yo stallion, and I give 3cc's of it to him daily. I also give him 10 units of something called "Body Builder for Horses". He's not a hard keeper (a horse that has to put a lot of feed into itself), but a leisurely eater and he just doesn't choose to eat as much as he should (no worms, no teeth issues). These products have been helpful for him
default_yes.gif
:

I have used it to bring my colt back up when he was down after an infection( seemed like he needed a boost to kick start his system) 1.5cc in 1 x daily- I gave that to him for 3 weeks- and I did see a difference- I would use it agin if one of my guys were off and needed to come back up. :bgrin

I used it for my very hard keeper stallion i gave him 1 capful daily for about a month and it made a difference for him

We use it on our driving horses. (We actually call it "Go Juice") Works well for us! We probably use about 1/2 an ounce.

Lucy

WE have driving horses also and I missed the information at the clinic that the Bluegrass club had on feeding, I was watching the trimming. I heard Mike say they use red cell but I didn't catch the amount and so I was trying to get some opinions on the stuff before I use it. We only have 2 driving stallions this year ( 2 geldings are almost ready for showing.

Thanks

Where can you buy Red Cell? My gelding is an EXTREMELY hard keeper and I had him at my wanted weight for him and then we started working a little more than usual and he lost it
default_sad.png
So where do you buy it?

It's a good product, but like any other supplement, do not fool with it unless you know for a fact your horse really needs it or it can backfire on you

It's a good product, but like any other supplement, do not fool with it unless you know for a fact your horse really needs it or it can backfire on you

Then my question is as far as show horses go when and how long do you use it? or are there other supplements to use instead.

Red Cell is a pretty common supplement - can be found not only at TSC, but most feed stores, catalogs, etc will carry it. I've used it too on horses who seemed to need a little something extra, a little more "oomph".

Jan

I agree with Marty. It's not a supplement for just anything or all the time........ Just like you wouldn't take too many vitamins -- too much of a good thing can be bad for you.

We keep both Red Cell and Lixitonic on hand for special situations. For the less thrifty horse or for a horse that's been sick and needs a boost.

Mine each get 1/2 to 3/4 of an ounce daily of RedCell. My vet recommended it when my colt hit a growth spurt and was having some stifle issues (which only lasted about two weeks and were barely noticeable to anyone but me...). Where I live we have a lack of selenium in the hay and pasture so she recommended keeping mine on it as a regular supplement because it has selenium.

I always recommend giving the vet a call for stuff like this, most vets will answer your questions about stuff like this without needing to make a farm visit but if you really want to make sure and get the best supplement for your particular horses and area the best thing to do is have the vet draw blood and see what they really need.

I give it to my driving gelding. I could see a change in his driving after being on it as before you had to keep pushing him to keep speed. Now he's ready to go on his own. I definitely would not give it to the yearlings I have right now due to them all being naturally high strung. But it works great for my gelding.

We used it on a mare that would just stop eating ...it worked great! At first....we injected it right into her mouth...then after a few days...just poured some on her grain... works great!

I also know many people who use it every day....never heard of anyone that is against it...

Kris

We used it on a mare that would just stop eating ...it worked great! At first....we injected it right into her mouth...then after a few days...just poured some on her grain... works great!

I also know many people who use it every day....never heard of anyone that is against it...

Kris

Thanks for the info!!! :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back