Read 2 news reports yesterday that show the heights and depths of humananity

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reignmaker Miniatures

Reaction score
The first one was how a young (about 6 months) wild/feral horse was trapped in a fast flowing/flooding creek with huge boulders on the bank her in BC and firefighter/police and a local rescue worked together to rescue the filly who was hypothermic and exhausted but still afraid enough to occasionally thrash and endanger the humans trying to save her.

Saw on our evening news on Sunday that she has already learned to lead and is overcoming her fear of people.

Then not an hour later, while I was still feeling all warm and fuzzy I read how a husky had been found in an alley dead. Its mouth was taped shut and it had been starved to death. Not far away they found a kitten that had been tortured/taped and starved the same way. They have made an arrest and charges have been laid but I am sick knowing that this individual will not be given near the sentence he should be for such a horrible crime.

So sorry I have dial up and can't watch vedios, but thank you for typing out the stories. So awful about the pets. Humans are the worst villians ever.

I am glad they have caught the person that killed the dog and cat--this story sickened me at the time and it sickens me now. I hope they make an example of the guy, but most likely he will get off too easy. A 19 year old has been charged in the death of the dog and cat. Dog starved to death, cat died of ligature strangulation.

As I understand it they have known for some time who was responsible but wanted to be sure they had enough evidence to make the case stick. I hope they recognize that anyone sick enough to do this to those 2 animals will likely escalate his behaviour and most likely switch to humans, so that if the suffering of those animals is not enough to put him behind bars maybe he can at least be held in a forensic psychiatric hospital (think that what they call the institutions where they send those who are criminally insane) . He needs some serious psychiatric help and should not be allowed out for many many years.

Latest posts

Back