Ravens new pony is here!

• Thread starter Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis
  • Start date
Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis

Well she came Monday and I am just now getting to post the pic we took when she got here. It isnt the best as it was dark but you can get an idea anyway. She is about 13.3

She is wonderful so quiet and such a well mannered girl. She is about 15-18 yrs old. A Hunter pony that was a walk/trot and a lesson pony. She took a couple of years off to be a broodmare and now is back to being a kids pony. She seems so far pretty much up for it
default_yes.gif
:

We bought Raven a saddle but it isnt here yet so she has just ridden around on her bareback (being led) as we need a bit to have the headstall but the bit didnt fit right.

She has great ground manners and will stand for hours as raven brushes her and leads her around the barn 100 times. She is a bit taken down from her foal no surprise being a first time mom at 14-15 but that is easily fixable. All in all I couldnt be more pleased and Raven is so excited to learn how to ride. Although she tells me every day that Foxy is still her favorite lol

Anyway here is a bad pic of Raven and Star will take more in the next few days..

4d4cd3a7.jpg

Awesome!!! :aktion033: Congrats Raven! Lucky girl... she looks like a wonderful pony! Raven, are you going to ride Western or English? Or both?

Sweet!!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: You know how much I love the "older" ones - they are so special!!!

Would love to see more pictures - and same question: English or Western? Congrats!

Liz R.

That is great Lisa!

And having Raven be bareback on her new horse, is actually an excellent idea -- according to some riding instructors I know. I've been told it helps the rider learn to move with the horse and not be so dependent on a saddle.

MA

I'll second that, MiniV...

When I first started riding lessons (I learned English for over a year) the first six months was ALL vaulting. Bareback, with the vaulting surcingle with the handles. I learned to do things that I absolutely cannot figure out HOW ON EARTH I did back then... (of course I was ten years old)... I could get on and off the bareback horse at a walk, trot, and canter running beside the horse, I could do the "flag" and "around the world" is that what it's called?, and I could STAND on the horse at the walk, trot, and canter. Now I can barely hoist myself into the saddle with a stirrup. And I'm not that old still!

Anyway the vaulting lessons worked WONDERS for my balance and I could sit the crappy first horses my parents bought me (a $250 crazy Arab and an $800 boss mare Quarter pony) when they did stupid things like buck or rear or crowhop or spook to the side. I think English was way better to learn than Western, less saddle and no horn to rely on :) and you learn a bit more about bit contact.

I'm guessing Raven will do English, as her mom has a more English background, but ultimately it will be up to Raven for whatever interests her I'm sure.

Congrats Raven have fuN!

Andrea

congratulations!! a great kids horse/pony is worth its weight in gold. cant wait to see daytime pics of raven riding her!!

Congrats to Raven! She looks like a nice pony. I hope things continue to go very well for them.

Raven you got a very nice horse, congratulations.

Can't wait to see pictures in day time

Anita

Congrats! I can't wait to see more pictures of both of them! :aktion033:

Congratulations!!
default_smile.png

Looking forward to hearing more about this team.

Liz M.

AWWWW....they are so cute..I am sure Foxy will understand and know he is always her very favorite..but there can be a second favorite too. I wish her luck with her riding. Will be watching for updates on them.

Clara

There is nothing like a girls first riding horse, how exciting, congratulations! :aktion033:

Wonderful Raven :aktion033:

Star will become your very best friend in the whole world.
default_yes.gif
:

She's beautiful, Lisa!!!

What I'm wondering, is has Raven asked to sleep in the barn yet? I bet she's spending most of her time with her new "big horse"!

Tell Raven congratulations!

My daughter Samantha's riding pony is also named Foxy.

So does this mean Raven has two Foxy horses now? Isn't her mini gelding named Foxy too?

By the way I've had Samantha riding bareback a lot even though she has both an english and a western saddle, with the bitless bridle by Dr. Cook and doing lots of walking and trotting and just wandering around in our big pasture together. She has friends her same age that ride at big hunter jumper stables in our area - saddled, bridled and only in the ring - and she has a much more secure seat and a lot more confidence than they do. If they get on bareback they are slipping and sliding all over the place and think it is way too hard. Her friends all probably ride more than she does too, because she has been so busy with the minis.

Latest posts

Back