Rant

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watcheye

Reaction score
Ok so normally I really like and respect ups. I cant believe this though. I ordered a book some time ago. It was shipped ups. Ups has always been good about coming to my house and delivering. Not this time... I will spare all of the details but ultimately I have come to find out that ups has had my package for OVER A WEEK. I didnt know which area it was being held so I waited for the post card (I got a post card once from them because they felt that the trees were too overgrown for their truck but those have LONG since been cut back and the area is clear) - anyway the postcard to tell me which area to go to in order to get my package. I got it today finally after I got out of work. It was sent yesterday. If I dont get my package on Monday (I work all day....) they will return it to sender on Tuesday... Are you kidding me?...
default_frusty.gif

That is frustrating. I hope everything clears up fast.

I had a shock with the USPS....I sent an early payment to my credit card company, and two days later a stranger calls to tell me she got my credit card payment mailed to her home! Obviously a mail handler mistake, but still shocking to learn my payment went to someone in another city (about 35 miles from my home). Dumbfounded, I asked how she got my phone number, and she said, "from my personal check" she's holding in her hand.

Luckily, she was honest in calling me about it, and even mailed my personal check back to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seashells...I think I'd be more ticked at the lady opening it...it's good she called you and mailed the check back to you but why wouldn't she just put it back in her box written on it..."delivered to wrong address"...I often get things that the mail carrier accidently put in my box that should of went to someone else...I never open them if it isn't addressed to me. I just put it back with the flag up.

I too would be upset she opened the letter. But, if she is like hubby, she just opens without reading the addressee.

USPS, we have less then 200 PO boxes at our PO, yet when we get a new person, which is every few months, mail is quite mixed up. Not one number apart, but sometimes whole rows. Rediculous.

UPS, since we are rural, our address shows up as invalid for UPS. However, if a shipper makes their shipment label, they can choose to still use our address. Untill 2 weeks ago. After hundreds of deliveries, UPS decided that they wouldnt accept this one shippers box to us. How stupid is that!!! Grrrrr

UPS around here is the pits. First they don't work on Saturdays, only in major cities, but that part is ok, whatever.

Our UPS man delivers my home orders in town to our store because he hates the drive up here. Then if he has to drive up here, he delivers stuff meant for our store in town to our home. I told him he was bass ackwards a million times but I guess he's deaf.

I ordered a new foal cam for the barn and paid priority. It came 7 days later. I was so pixxed but congenial me was like "thank you".

Seashells...I think I'd be more ticked at the lady opening it...it's good she called you and mailed the check back to you but why wouldn't she just put it back in her box written on it..."delivered to wrong address"...I often get things that the mail carrier accidently put in my box that should of went to someone else...I never open them if it isn't addressed to me. I just put it back with the flag up.
I never thought of that!

I even sent her a thank you card for her honesty and for taking the time to send it back.

She really should have popped it back in the mail, as you mentioned.

Our UPS guy is pretty good, usually. But FedEx, forget it! Even though we've given them directions to our house, and the number is on the house, they apparently don't keep the info on file or read it or whatever. So, every time there's a different driver, we either get the phone call "Driver can't find your house!!!" or we see them drive by four or five times trying to figure out the problem.

Well, can't really blame 'em...
default_rolleyes.gif
The problem is that we live on a little side road, but our address is that of the main road, and nobody ever thinks to come up our little dead end road looking for "all the missing numbers" that "should" be on the main road... But it's not like we named the road, or made up our own address, so why are they blaming us? I mean really, we're not allowed to put up our own road signs, I don't think...

I do try to be nice to the drivers (and the dispatchers) though... After all, they're usually bringing goodies for me!!!
default_biggrin.png

I heard years ago that Fex-Ex and UPS were going to merge………

They would have called it FED-UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_whistling.gif

Our UPS man sucks. He'll run up to my driveway. Slam on the breaks. Blows his horn and takes off. Mean while I'm standing in my front yard watching him. When he turns around I dang near have to get out in the rode to stop him. I hate it when you have to beg to get a package you paid for.

Now USPS I have to give them credit. My husband's mother wrote him a letter. ( she is in her 80's) the only thing she had right on the letter was his name. Every thing else was misspelled and mixed up and even the zip code was wrong. Can you believe from Vermont to La. it took only 3 days. LOL. I laughed when I seen the address and even thanked the post office because I couldn't believe that they understood that enough to deliever it at all much less 3 days time.

We LOVE our ups guy. We are on first-name basis.

But we did get one of those notorious post cards once about an item shipped. It was the merchant's fault--would you believe the US Mint? Not only did they have our name wrong but the address also. Good old ups found us anyway.

It is shocking, though, when you get the postcard and it says you will have to pick up the item in a city 60 miles away OR ELSE. That is not good PR. We called ups and they fixed it and delivered the next day.

upsfed.jpg

With the company I work for we send alot of packages ups. We have had so many issues. Its gotten to the point that UPS had to hirer a company just to handle claims. They used to do everything themselves, but end of last year we started dealing with their hired company directly.

Katie- I so understand the frustration!

I haven't read all the responses... hope this isn't a repeat answer....In the ladies defense that opened the package maybe she didn't even look and just opened it. It could happen. Yes, you should always check, but maybe she was expecting a package or was in a hurry... and just ripped the little strip(if there was a strip) in the back and opened it.

I check my mail(and packages) and if I see it's the wrong person I will put it back in the mailbox to be redelivered. However, I have gotten magazines with my name on it(or so I thought) and didn't even check the actual address. Come to find out... I've been reading a lady down the roads parenting magazine(her issue was mailed before mine). Her name is exactly the same as mine... spelled the same as well..... Recently, I got a home decorating magazine(I get the same magazine) that I thought was mine.. .nope it was theirs. Too funny.

Our UPS and Fed ex are pretty good here. We only had one issue. We had two HUGE boxes we bought from Lowes. They were special ordered blinds... They delivered them to our neighbors three houses over... just dropped them off and left. Luckily, our elderly neighbors called us and told us to come get them. There was no way they could have picked them up by themselves.

I'm so glad they did. They were non corded blinds for my boys rooms and were customed. I would have been some kind of upset if they had disappeared.

UPS comes here a lot now with the new business I'm in. They've done a good job so far. I anxiously await each and every package.

Kim

Well I went to get my book today. The guy that got my package out for me was bewildered too...For a moment anyway. It was hand written on the box by the deliverer "could not get up driveway".... The guy handling the package at the ups hub then said "well why on earth didnt he walk it up the driveway??" Then he glanced at who was delivering that day and I guess this guy had a rep because his reaction was "oh.. it was him..."
default_frusty.gif
He should have to pay my shipping costs...
default_laugh.png

On the plus side my book is BEAUTIFUL! Its the latest Dinotopia book by James Gurney. VERY creative!

Latest posts

Back