Rage has been diagnosed with.......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CKC

Reaction score
ASD(Anterior Segment Disgensis), irisatrophy, bulbous eyes and corpora nigra cysts. This is a genetic coat color related defect from the silver gene. Anyone else dealing with this.

I have someone coming from a therapy place that does therapy with minis and preschool children,etc. They are going to test him to see if he would be a good candidate for three different programs they have or to be a companion horse. I feel that this is the best place for him. I have no shade here(other than run in sheds). He needs to be in shady areas and has to wear a fly mask every sunny day.

The poor little guy has double locking stifles(they don't stay locked, but he is sticky. He is on Corta flex- HA which is helping a great deal).. .toes out on every hoof because of the leg issues and now the eye diagnosis. He is just a mess. I feel so bad for him. I think we are doing what's right and he will have a permanent home surrounded by lots of children. He will have a great life where he will probably get a great deal of walking which will be good for him.

I dont have alot of answers for you but we had a foal a few years back born with this and had never heard of it. It took my vet lots of research to learn about it. We sold him to a pet home and he was fine

Sorry to hear this -- can't say I have heard of that problem (with the eyes) but maybe I have and did not know the right name for it.

I know silvers can have a gene problem with eyes (runs in Rocky Mountain horses and others too) - and my vet warned me about it and checked my silver stallion (now gelding) and silver mare and neither showed any signs of it.

He had to look inside their eyes with a light to check -- is that checking for the same thing?

JJay

It is the same thing. She compared it the Rocky Mountain horse. I had put him up for sale and had the vet check him over and that's what she found this week.

Latest posts

Back