racheal seems to be taking dear sweet time

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My strips were new and not outdated. Still waiting. May go to walmart and get pool strips to

Tomorrow. Have never tested with them. Will have to get instructions

I just think she isn't quite ready, I bet that she will foal as soon as baby gets into position
default_yes.gif
Make sure she gets plenty of outside playtime so she can roll baby into the take off position.
default_thumbup.gif

Good gosh.... still not any closer???? Adding pics again to see if anyone can tell any difference from the first set I put on here. Every night she has been up and down, cow patties, yawning, stomping, etc, but nothing! could have swore last night she was dilated so of course spent th night watching her. Has never gone off her feed, if anything, she could eat while in labor laying down, lol. This is one gal who loves her food. This is now day 333? (I will have to look for sure), so know she's not completely too far over. Does she look extremely big? Don't know if I should take her in and do a sonogram on her or just wait....

I hope shes nothing like my mini maiden we are on day 346 still waiting on the filly fairy LOL

Yes it is Kay!!! I work part time, and between getting two hours of sleep a night and trying to work too..... can't believe all the mistakes I make, lol. Last week had a "babysitter" to sit and watch during the day, but won't have one this week until Wednesday so don't know what I'll do. Mare is at teh vet right now... he called today to see if she's had the foal yet and when I told him no he thought it would be a good idea to check her out. Maybe I can just bring her in every day and pick her up every night....built in babysitter
default_smile.png
Will let everyone know what I find out... Thought for sure last night she would have it....

Facebook update last Saturday (because everyone was asking).... Mares roll to get the foals in position for delivery; every good horseperson knows give a horse a bath and its a automatic roll time. Sooooo.... guess who got two baths Saturday? NO it was not me, and NO it did not induce labor
default_sad.png
LOL.....

Do I sound desperate yet?????

Ah but going for a trailer journey might just do it!! Was warned years ago by a vet, not to have my very pregnant dogs in the car as it can being on labour - if dogs, why not horses??

Hey I'm not suggestion that everyone who is busy waiting for a foal to arrive sets off for a trailer ride with their minis - just had this awful picture of trailers being hitched up all over the US and ..............................................................poor mares!!!!

Well, since she's had a trailer ride today we'll see if that loosens her up, lol. If not, she may make that same ride in every day just so I will have a baby sitter...

Ok everyone..... Vet update! Should have a baby tonight or tomorrow at the latest. Said everything looks great, everything is in the "go" position. His assistant told me he actually thought the trailer ride would put her in labor (so Anna you do have a idea there!), and we wouldn't have to do the ultrasound. I told his assistant maybe I need to ride her around in the trailer awhile and she told me to just bring her back in tomorrow and they would watch her for me while I work...said they don't charge unless its a overnight stay. How is that for a babysitter??? I'm likein it!

And... forgot to ask if they knew the sex, so did the nail test when we got home.... we'll see if its accurate. It says a filly (hope, hope,hope)....of course figuring in the wind, my twirling the string, and trying to follow her around to hold it over her could have something to do with the outcome too, lol. Seriously, did try my best so will see. Wish me luck... hopefully will have pics to put on her in the next day orso.

Good luck and wishing for you to get your filly! Hope everything goes safely. Ill look for a update in the morning
default_smile.png

Good luck and wishing for you to get your filly! Hope everything goes safely. Ill look for a update in the morning
default_smile.png
Ditto!

Can't wait to check in here tomorrow morning- hopefully you will have some baby pictures for us!
default_smile.png

How lucky are you girl
default_yes.gif
what a fantastic baby sitter
default_new_rofl.gif
I bet she has a filly tonight though
default_yes.gif

Well... its now a.m. and nothing (again). So.... on to the vets we go. Will continue this saga as it unfolds. Evidently the vet hasn't read the new book either, lol.

Latest posts

Back