Preggers or Fat????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love koi but they don't do so well in some of our winters. Those are both gorgeous!

I sent an email to the donkey sanctuary in England, they've given me some good info in the past. They said that as far as they know there has been nothing done to determine if the test strips work with donkeys the same as horses and they don't use them. Maybe someone here has used them and will let you know? It's worth a try to see.

I love koi but they don't do so well in some of our winters. Those are both gorgeous!

I sent an email to the donkey sanctuary in England, they've given me some good info in the past. They said that as far as they know there has been nothing done to determine if the test strips work with donkeys the same as horses and they don't use them. Maybe someone here has used them and will let you know? It's worth a try to see.

Thanks, Taz. I am actually in contact with the people who make the strips. They don't seem to know either :) . It seems like looking at the color of the milk is the ticket, but I won't do that since I don't want to lose any colostrum. Petunia would also need a much bigger bag before she is ready. In detailed pictures I've seen, the donkeys have udders that look like a cow's.

Apparently, donkeys don't have the issues giving birth like our minies do, so when she gets close, we will just put her in the maternity ward with a camera on her.

Petunia actually belongs to Hubby's sister who is coming to visit next week. She has no idea that Petunia is preggers, so this will be a fun surprise.

Had a little surprise today. Her teats are back to looking like non-preggers teats, but when my husband was checking her, SHE STARTED SQUIRTING MILK! What the heck?

• Wow
Reactions: Taz
We just checked Petunia again. Hubby says it was easy to get out, and there was a bunch. It was clear, thick, and sticky. She tested about 7.1 on the Maybe Baby test strips, but I have no idea if these work for donkeys. Neither does Maybe Baby :)

Oh, exciting!! I know you will but please keep us posted! :D

How is Petunia doing? It must be the year of fake outs!! Pepper is as big as a house, I swear. Vet said not pregnant. I even cut her back a bit ( and my others as I may have been over feeding). So everyone lost a little bit, except for Pepper who just keeps growing. Maybe she and Petunia have been signals to each other to drive us humans crazy!

A couple weeks ago, we were positive Petunia was pregnant, but now, I just don't know. Her udders have deflated back to nothing, and Hubby can't get any liquid out. He got a maternity stall ready for her. The vet will be coming for Sterling's six-month check-up. I'll have him look at her again, maybe take more blood and do an ultrasound.

Pepper sure looks preggers in your pictures! Yes, they are driving us nuts, but it's worth it! 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

I rescued a mini horse and she started getting bigger and bigger. I had a pregnancy test done by blood and it was negative. I had a fecal done and she was loaded with worms, (I was told she was wormed when I got her). We wormed, and had a recheck still positive, long story short it took 9 months and multiple wormings to finally get an all clear. Not saying this may be the same for you, but may want to do a fecal just in case. I'm still wondering about the positive pregnancy test, that would make me think you have a little on the way. Best wishes❤

I rescued a mini horse and she started getting bigger and bigger. I had a pregnancy test done by blood and it was negative. I had a fecal done and she was loaded with worms, (I was told she was wormed when I got her). We wormed, and had a recheck still positive, long story short it took 9 months and multiple wormings to finally get an all clear. Not saying this may be the same for you, but may want to do a fecal just in case. I'm still wondering about the positive pregnancy test, that would make me think you have a little on the way. Best wishes❤
Wow! Was she so large that she looked pregnant?

Latest posts

Back