quilts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbum

Reaction score
I call this one "The Barn Quilt" Pretty original, eh? I saw the pattern months ago--tracked down where to find it, then got scared at all the directions and pieces. But, I gathered up my courage and gave it a try. It has photos I've taken of my horses in the barns. That was tricky--to get the right shaped photo. I had a lot of help from my quilting forum on the border--deciding which way it should go--there were about 5 choices depending on how the blocks are turned. I'm still not sure that's my favorite way.
default_rolleyes.gif

I dropped it at the quilter's yesterday. It's going to be awesome--4 different color threads--specific designs in some spots--grass, trees, planks, shingles. I can't wait to see it done.

I'm going to make a few more--but just one barn with trees for a wall hanging for gifts.

Before borders.

IMG_4701.jpg

After.

barnquiltfinallydone.jpg

Here's another top I finished this break--it's small, about 40"x40".

IMG_4862.jpg

I'm working on one called the "Tree of Life" right now. But I head back to school tomorrow so it'll production will slow down.

Karla those are wonderful. I always have trouble putting patterns together like that.

default_aktion033.gif
Great job.

Carlene

Is it true what they say about quilters, that they're always going to pieces?

Sorry, couldn't resist! Beautiful work. Cute idea, putting your horses in the barns!
default_biggrin.png

So good to see more of your quilts Karla. Of course they are as beautiful as ever. Hubby bought me a new Janome Professional for Christmas so I am trying really hard to make some real nice things. Don't think I will ever make a full size quilt but do enjoy making throws, wall hangings, table runners, place mats etc. My hands are pretty stiff from arthritis but still try my best and hope to improve. Don't believe the saying that qulterrs are always going to pieces because it is really about putting all the pieces together which all lives need! Keep up the beautiful work and thanks for sharing. Mary

Last edited by a moderator:
Karla,

I just LOVE your barn quilt!!!! :)))

Susan O.

Gorgeous!!! As always.....Karla you never cease to amaze me.....so much talent!!

My next quilt is going to be a flip-flop quilt.....from bright Hawaiian fabric I brought back from Hawaii last year........ I think it's going to be a fun one to do.

I love the barn quilt, especially with your horses pix in them-ADORABLE!!

Great work...

Karla,

Your quilts are beautiful and I sooooo LOVE that barn quilt! How awesome is that to have your very own horses in it!!

That is very unique and special.

Thanks for sharing - now guess all of us on LB can put in our orders - Right??

Back