Questions about Taylor Pony Farm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mominis

Reaction score
Hi.

I have a couple of questions about Taylor Pony Farm. I noticed on their website that they hold an annual auction. Do they also do private sales, or do they just stick to an auction format? Also, does anyone know if they nominate their horses to the futurity? I sent them an email but I haven't heard anything back, so I thought this may be a good place to see if I can get the information that I need.

I've pretty much decided that I want a mini that is futurity nominated, suitable for in hand classes but later is capable of being a dynamic pleasure driving horse. I have found myself drawn to the ASPC/AMHR horses. I did find one mare that I really liked that wasn't ASPC, just AMHR but unfortunately, she is not in foal and due to an injury, may not be able to carry a foal. I really would like to start with a foal, particularly a filly. Any information you guys can give me would be a great help.

Thanks.

**once again, edited due to spelling (lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
We are good friends with the Taylors and we have some of their ASPC ponies and ASPC/AMHR's as well here at our farm that we show. They are the breeders of the famous "Michigan's bloodlines" and have been multiple Breeder of the Year as well in the registry.

They do have their horses in the Futurity program as well.

We have a Modern pony that is called Michigan's Sox Appeal, Michigan's In the Moonlight, Michigan's Walmart to Tiffany, Michigan's Bonnie Mc Bride and many other miniatures and ponies that have various Michigan's in their pedigree.

Their horses do very well in the ring in halter and make excellent driving horses as well and we are looking forward in putting our Modern pony in harness when he comes of age.

They are great people, the whole family is involved and they have their auction every year the saturday right before Mothers Day.

They sell their fillys at the auction only and do allow phone bidding and you can view the auction on line.

They offer miniatures dual registered ASPC/AMHR horses and ASPC ponies at the sale that are stallions and geldings.

They do offer horses at the AMHR Nationals and Shetland Congress for purchase.

You can contact them early morning and if you call them later in the day it might take a while for them to get back to you since they are always on the go everyday. Scott was just at their place last weekend for a visit.

You can pretty much purchase the horses listed on their website anytime. If you have any questions, please PM me and I may be able to help you out somewhat.

default_smile.png

We went to the sale this year. We came home with 2 fillies. One is ASPC only. The other is AMHR/ASPC. The second was bought as a possible future driving horse. They are futurity nominated. They all seem like super nice people. They would definitely recommend them to someone to deal with. They have some awesome horses.

Oh I can't say enough about the Michigan horses I have seen are behind a lot of the top stock from other farms!!!! They have been around a looooong time too.

They are wonderful people and have a very proven breeding prograb with both miniatures and the shetlands. We have been to their spring sale several times and always wonderful horses. Even the ponies they advert as "kids ponies" go out and WIN in the show ring in the rated Open divisions .....

They only sell fillys in their sale (they won't sell any fillies prior to the sale) - so that is really your only chance to buy a filly from them .....

Normally they have the biggest part of their auction list up sometime over winter and then update with clipped spring pictures of each horse closer to the sale...

Give the Taylors a call - they are wonderful people. I just acquired a 1/2 Michigan bred foal and can't believe it!

I love the Michigan horses and was able to acquire a stallion on a lease/purchase that I have wanted for a long time. His name is Michigan's Remington Steel and is AMHR/ASPC. He is a great boy and they a exceptional personalities.

We have seen Remi at the shows when he was owned by Lynnette and that boy is awesome and was always one of my favorite ponys from Taylors
default_smile.png
Very nice !! The Taylors are really easy to deal with and very honest of their horses. I just keep purchasing more of their horses for breeding stock and showing with the Michigan's background, they are a little more hotter than most but that is the way we like them !

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Davie, you got Remington Steel???!!! Awesome!! I have a friend here who has a couple of Michigan mares and wow, their offspring are just to die for.

Latest posts

Back