Question Regarding new HOF rules

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayVik

Reaction score
Below is copied from the 2011 supplement of the ASPC/AMHR:

HOF's to be added and given to (starting in 2011): Classics

in Obstacle, and Liberty,

to Moderns/MPs in Jumper, Obstacle, and Liberty and to

ASPRs in Liberty

Can someone explain why similar classes were NOT adopted to include the AMHR registered horses?

Would those that asked their directors to please exclude the miniatures from achieving this honor in these classes please explain why they did so while they were in agreement to provide it to these classes of the ASPC registered Ponies.

Just Curious

Thank You

I believe it is because the miniatures ALREADY have the opportunity to get HOFs in these categories. Up until now, the ponies did NOT have the opportunity to like the minis, and so now they do. I remember when I was showing minis, I wanted to get the 70 points for Liberty, but never kept track or acheived it myself. But I know it was available.

So don't worry... the minis are already fine! No need to worry!

Andrea

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read that last night and was wondering that myself. Why are the miniature horses getting the same considerations??? I am interested in that answer too.

Dreaminmini... the miniatures have ALWAYS been able to get HOF in liberty and halter obstacle. The Shetlands haven't until this point.

As always, you just have to get 70 points in Liberty and Halter Obstacle with your mini. You don't need to get any Grands because they are not offered for these performance classes.

Many minis have already earned their HOF in liberty and obstacle.

Now, Shetlands will be able to. Just like the minis already do.

Andrea

Hi Ray,

Andrea is correct in her answer. The miniature have this designation already. This just brings the Shetlands into the fold. We have a lot of Shetland folks that wanted this for those divisions just like the miniatures. Now they do.

Remember folks, when there isn't a grand or stakes class for Hall of Fame, you keep track of your points and when your horse garners the 70 points for that performance class they earn their Hall of Fame. If you will go take a look in the back of each section of the rulebook it clearly marks what classes gets Hall of Fame. That's why its very important that these shows get an "A" rating as it does affect the Hall of Fame points. Most clubs/individuals don't understand this when they put show premiums together.

Karen

Thank you

That answers my question

I could not find a clear answer in the rule book which included or excluded classes...

Thanks again

Ray the ASPC side is just now catching up with the AMHR side of HOF in performance classes. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back