question on price of....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Dynamic Duo

Reaction score
how much does a four wheeler cost used and brand new? i wanna buy one(watching the music video to hick town got me thinking) but i need to know so i know how much cash to save. thanks.

alyx
saludando.gif

I think that number could be pretty different depending on what you're looking at.

Our Honda 250EXes were approx. $3900 ea. new in 2001.

We just bought my four year old his first one, a Kasea SkyHawk for about $1200, new.

I believe the 400EX was more like $5000 new, and the prices went on up to like a Raptor being $7995 new.

Can check your local paper, but I would guess you could find an acceptable deal for a couple thousand.

Liz M.

Hubby has sold refurbished Yamaha Blasters from his shop for $600 up. You do need a 4 wheel type , smallish ( am assuming you are a youngun ) There are some off brand ones ( made in China and quite good actually), Diamo comes to mind, they are a good entry level and are $1700 or so.

I would start w/a good used one and if you stick with it an enjoy it, then go from there. Also, if you do buy a used one, have a 4-wheeler mech check it out before you buy. Yes, a reg mech can look but they arent up to speed on all the little stuff that these 4 wheelers can have wrong. Have fun!

just noticed you are in Houston. The Diamo dealer is there, called LS Motorsports.

Last edited by a moderator:
My son bought his 3 yrs ago when he was 12 and it cost him $3000 new for a Badger.

Heard on news today 6 year old killed on one.
sad.gif

I have very mixed feelings on giving very young children something with a motor on it.......

I know I know this is when I really show my age ,I also find myself saying you know.....back in my day!!!!!!!Thats when I say Bonnie shut up your getting to darned old!

Have fun BUT BE CAREFUL and yes Jane is right buy a good helmut and wear it, please.

Bon

Kids getting hurt. That is why it is VERY important to buy an entry level bike/4 wheeler. They have ( usually) an option or 2 to either limit the speed and or the gearing. All too often parents or newbies buy what is pretty or what they can grow into ( where have we heard that before?) which is a HUGE mistake. And, not all kids can handle the responsibility of a motor.

Hubby sold an entry level small kid only 4 wheeler to a little girl, she rode it at the shop for a few hours over several days before they let it go. girl has yet to be hurt. Meanwhile they have a huge ranch type 4-wheeler that 3 teens were riding and they plowed, full tilt, into a culvert. Parents just let them have at it. That 4 wheeler has massive suspension damage, kids are lucky to have no broken bones. But daddy will have a broken wallet LOL

I dont have any problem with kids riding, anything ( within reason) as long as they have the smarts to keep themselves out of trouble. AND, have the parents with the sense to watch them.

My god, yes, wear protective gear designed for atv's/dirtbikes and use the governing capacity of your bike. Don't ride beyond your limit, don't let someone ride behind you (read the owner's manual of your bike, if it doesn't come with one, find it online and download it or get one from a dealer/ebay).

The ARE a lot of fun, but they do need to be approached with great respect as anything else.

Yes, they are dangerous, but so are horses...cars....fast food....the list goes on. All in all, use some sense and Pepipony's got some great advice about purchasing. I would definitely find a good, dependable local shop to help you out, they my have a sale board or know someone with the right bike for you.

Liz M.

(YAY, my 250EX is fixed, now, I can go play, later today!)

Latest posts

Back