Question for Mares That Foal on the Early Side

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the Equipage system is still the same, then the pager has to go off for 3 sets (series) of beeps before pushing the button to reset it. It won't reset until it goes through the 3 sets of beeps. If you reset it after that, it won't go off again as long as the mare doesn't move.
Yes, it has to alarm for 30 seconds (basically 3-4 beeps series) before you can re-set it, but the problem is, if the mare continues to lay flat, it keeps going off. I thought too that once you re-set it that it would not trigger unless the mare rose on sternum say and then layed flat again. I had a mare last night that layed flat for 30 minutes and It would not reset no matter what I do. Again, I finally shut it off and just watched her until she got up then I turned it back on again. It was fine until she layed down again for another long nap. Then the same thing. I tried to hold the button down longer, I tried shutting it off for a couple minutes and then turned it back on only to have it alarm right away again. My mini mares are not following the book about not liking to lay flat. Mine are sacking out for hours at night. LOL!

Latest posts

Back