Question about Camptown Harness

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
All right, I just ordered my new PACIFIC SMART CART for my Ally girl!!! :cheeky-smiley-006: I am so excited! It will be ready for me to pick up in June. Here is a link to a page with photos of the cart kitted out just like mine: http://www.suncountryminis.homestead.com/SmartCart.html I ordered the patine dash and curved button backrest. I am also getting the plain bar dash for everyday/marathon day use. I am lucky because I live very close to where the carts are manufactured, so I can just drive up to get it when it is done.

I have also been eyeballing the Camptown Sport Harness for minis (http://www.camptownharness.com/index.php?pg=Just%20for%20Minis&i=42), and am wondering what you all might think about it. Who has it, who has seen it, comments, anyone? I think it would look rather sharp on my pretty Ally girl in black beta with russet leather lining and brass hardware to go with our beautiful new cart! :D

Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE DRIVING????
default_yes.gif
: Show ring, cross-country, whatever! I am going to do this for the rest of my life, that is FOR SURE!!! :risa8:

Amy, who are you kidding?! LOL. You can't get a better combo for CDE than a Smart Cart and a Camptown harness. :aktion033: :cheeky-smiley-006: Just about everyone up here but me uses Camptown harness and the only reason I don't is because I already had an Ozark harness and couldn't afford two to do the same thing. If I was starting over and had all the money in the world I'd do exactly what you are and buy a Jerald with Mini Express harness for show and a Smart Cart with Camptown harness for CDE and trail driving.

The Camptown harness is by far the most comfortable synthetic on the market for the horse, fits well, and has a number of design features that make it completely on par with the big horse harnesses. As a fellow NW'er I have another tip for you related to this so email me before you order, would you?

I have and love their new Freedom Collar. It looks great and it's "Kody approved," and you know how picky he is!
default_yes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_thumbup.gif
: :lol: I think I am going to be literally the only one at Happ's this year with something other than a Smart Cart though. Last year was Frontiers, Easy Ryders, Edgemans, Jeralds, Grabers, HorsePower Concepts, SPF, and the occasional unknown wooden cart....this year: a sea of Pacifics and one lonely little Bellcrown! LOL I don't know if it's good to stand out or not in this case.
default_wacko.png
: I guess we'll see. (Hey, I like it. Isn't that all that counts?)

Leia

All right, I just ordered my new PACIFIC SMART CART for my Ally girl!!! :cheeky-smiley-006: I am so excited!

I have also been eyeballing the Camptown Sport Harness for minis
First of all - CONGRATS on your new cart!!!! WOO HOO!

Second of all - Camptown Harness is the BEST! I have one. Purchased almost-new

from another mini owner whose pony passed on. I needed to order diff sizes for the

noseband, browband & a smaller girth for my girl & the Camptown Harness maker &

owner was especially helpful in getting all the right sized addtl pieces to me. Now I

have a TOUGH harness that I can use daily, and it washes right off & spiffs up nicely

when I want to show. I am ecstatic with how well it fits my pony, and how well it has

worn over the last couple years. (Based on having used leather harnesses for years,

this Beta-stuff is WONDERFUL to clean!)

Just IMHO,

default_smile.png
J

Thanks you guys for the info! I feel so lucky and happy to have all of this wonderful equipment not to mention my wonderful horses, I am very blessed. I do have my piecemeal harness, but the Camptown looks SOOO nice, I am giving a lot of thought to it right now.
default_smile.png

Congrats! I am also thinking very seriously about ordering the Smart Cart. I am doing quite a bit of driving in open fields (bumpy), gravel roads (potholes) and a dirt track (ruts) and I am not satisfied with using an easy entry cart for all that! I am curious why you picked the particular options that you did. Do they have about a 2 month lead time before you can take delivery? I am very impressed with all the different ways the smart cart can be adjusted.

Yes it is about a 2 month lead time.

The options that I chose were to add the Patine dash (interchangeable with the standard bar, I believe...I am going to call again tomorrow and get the bar as well, I think it will be best for marathon days), and the curved and buttoned back rest. I got them because I like fancy stuff.
default_smile.png
The cart just looks so pretty with them! And of course I got the cover because I need to take good care of my cart to have it last me a good long time.
default_smile.png
I am so excited to get it! I also got a beautiful, gorgeous, wonderful Jerald this year for show ring driving. It is one I have been dreaming of for several years, it is mahogany stained with burgundy and gold pinstriping. I have it wrapped up tight in its covers, I have yet to use it! It will make its maiden voyage at the Oregon Gold show in a couple of weeks. I suppose once I use it I won't feel so protective of it, but I am totally paranoid to mess it up right now! LOL! :eek: Of course now I have sold my two other carts that I was replacing, my Graber and also a really cute little Meadowbrook style wood cart (sold a couple days ago), so I will be forced to use that Jerald until the Pacific arrives.

Aw, Amy!
default_crybaby.gif
: I wanted that Graber but assumed you weren't going to part with it as it was going to be your roadster cart. :eek: Doh! That's two show carts in this area I have missed now, one because I bought the Bellcrown right before my perfect Jerald with wooden wheels came up for sale on the sale board, and yours because I didn't know it was for sale. I have GOT to start asking around before things are advertised!

What made you decide to sell your very nice SPF cart and trade it for the Pacific?

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
What made you decide to sell your very nice SPF cart and trade it for the Pacific?
I know that SPF cart is gorgeous and I do love it! But that Smart Cart was calling me...You know in addition to Ally I have several other driving prospects here, and one of them is a short little fella who would drown in the SPF cart. Rather than buy more carts for different sized horses, I decided to go with the adjustable one!

Leia, could you check your email and/or call me at 360-348-2925?

Thanks!

Done! I hope you feel better soon.
default_pray.gif
: Do me a favor and tell me if Patty knows of any cheaper black and gold show carts for sale, would you? I'd prefer open-wheeled but would consider closed and roadster stirrups are a must.

Leia

Leia, please call me again with directions to your house... I am going to make the trip this afternoon with measurements and check...just got the message from MarJean it is okay to order that way. So I am giving in to the impulse!!!

Latest posts

Back