Question about AMHA........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnaC

Reaction score
In the pedigree of one of my minis a mare has HS written in the status column but I cant find what this stands for?

Then in another pedigree (different horse) it says VO in the column, which I have taken as a missprint for OV (overheight), but this is again strange as it applies to the offspring of two very small parents - 28 and 29". I do realise that it is possible to have an overheight 'throwback' from small parents, but in this case the breeding was small for all the generations recorded. So does VO stand for something else?

Just interested - thanks for any opinions.
default_yes.gif

I believe it stands for Void. Papers can become void for the horse going over the height limit or the owner not bringing the papers permanent (probably the most common reason).

Last edited by a moderator:
HS does indeed refer to hardship. Horse with VO as the status means void. A horse can be voided for a variety of reasons. I know for myself, I have turned papers in on a couple of horses and they have been listed as VO on their status. These were not oversize horses.

Alot of minis I have sold new owners didn't change to their name or didn't permenant register then so alike of them papers were revoked. I wish when someone buys one to change to their name because it looks like I haven't changed my horses.I only owe 4 right now but with amha it looks like I own alot lol some revoked papers but not due to me
default_sad.png

Interesting thread. I have an AMHA/AMHR registered horse, he is permanently registered with AMHR but at 35" outgrew his AMHA papers. I simply never sent them in to make the permanent since he was oversize. I am guessing that he will have a VO on his papers at some point. So is the correct procedure to turn those papers in with the overheight on them and they would mark as OH so folks would know. (He is registed on those papers in my name.) This might especially be true if folks might look back and think that papers had been "taken" from an owner for some reason other than overheight.

Latest posts

Back