Pygmy horse jumping record...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuelinkellyville

Reaction score
Guinness World Records Amazing Animals A co-worker told me this morning that he was watching Animal Planet Saturday Morning and they had a 30" "Pygmy horse" set a new world jumping record of 24" (that is twenty-four inches) I looked at pygmy horses on the net and they look just like our Mini's, Can some one tell me the difference because I have a 28" mini that can jump 30" and never even break a sweat. Did anyone else watch this???

The term micro minis or pygmy minis was coined by someone who attempted to either sound very clever by coining a catchy name or by someone very uneducated about minis.

Pygmy minis are nothing more than small minis, IMHO the term pygmy just makes me think of tiny legged, pot bellied dwarfy looking minis (not saying they are, just not a very endearing term). Do these people also think that dwarf minis are a positive aspect of the breed?
default_wacko.png

I saw the show on Saturday too!
default_wacko.png
What in the world is a Pygmy horse? There's no such thing. Don't they check these things out before they allow them into the record books? I have an 18 yr old 26.5" mare that can jump 24", guess I could call her a miniature pony or a potbelly pony & get her into the record books too!
default_laugh.png

We had a 34" mare that could (and did) easily clear 48" or more on a regular basis... until we built her a "bird cage" to live in.... <grin>

That show was on over a year ago and the same reaction happened then as now. Someone decided that their horses would be worth more if they called them Pygmies rather than Minis.

Dumb people have fallen for it, including the Discovery Channel. I, as well as many others, e-mailed Discovery back then and never heard from them.

It is pretty scary when something like this is so easy to research, yet they have it on the show as the gospel truth. One wonders just how many other things that are put on the TV are so incorrect. I for one have caught the Discovery channel as well as the Animal Planet and a few other shows spouting very incorrect words of wisdom.

That show was on over a year ago and the same reaction happened then as now. Someone decided that their horses would be worth more if they called them Pygmies rather than Minis.
Dumb people have fallen for it, including the Discovery Channel. I, as well as many others, e-mailed Discovery back then and never heard from them.

It is pretty scary when something like this is so easy to research, yet they have it on the show as the gospel truth. One wonders just how many other things that are put on the TV are so incorrect. I for one have caught the Discovery channel as well as the Animal Planet and a few other shows spouting very incorrect words of wisdom.
Hey now, it's on TV, it must be true.
default_wacko.png
They can't put things on TV unless they are true
default_no.gif
LOL. WhenI was a kid there were 2 girls that got their first horse. They ran every where they went with this poor horse. When it was so lathered and wet it was dripping, they wanted to know what was wrong with their horse. We all told them there was nothing wrong with the horse. He was sweett\ing because they were running him. They both said "but, they don't sweet on TV". A lot of people figure what they see on TV is fact.

Latest posts

Back