Purina prices where you are?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chandab

Reaction score
I am curious what others pay for Purina products. A new Purina dealer just opened in the area, their products are just arriving, so I only have prices on a few products. [i'm happy with my current feed program, but thought I'd look into the Purina, but at these prices, it really wouldn't save me any money. And, I don't care for the fact that Purina doesn't list exact ingredients; forage products and grain products just doesn't cut it.]

so, what do you pay for Purina products? Please include your state?

I'm in the middle of nowhere in Montana. Purina Senior and Purina Junior are about $18/bag (one was $18, the other $18.50; I can't remember which was which). And, they had a cheap all-stock grain that's $10/bag.

They are also supposed to get in: Omolene 200 and 300, Complete Advantage, Strategy, Enrich 32 and Horseman's Edge.

Thanks.

Well the only Purina feed I get/got is Strategy at $13/bag and now Ultium at $19/bag. . .I love Purina and I have been using it for the past 12 years and have never strayed away!

Was just at the purina dealer today to get some strategy for Domingo.

Strategy - $13.49

Equine Senior - 16.49

Equine Junior - 16.49

Ultium - $17.49

I honestly didn't check the price of the lower end Purina products, or any of the sweet feeds.

Senior is $15.00

Jr is 16.50

Complete Advantage is $11.00

The remaining horse feed we have the local feed mill make a custom blended mix for us.

Senior is $15.00Jr is 16.50

Complete Advantage is $11.00

The remaining horse feed we have the local feed mill make a custom blended mix for us.
It'll be interesting to see what the local price is for the Complete Advantage; since my senior/junior is about $3 more. If the Complete Advantage is in the $14 range, it might be worth trying, since I have to special order beet pulp at least it would be available locally without special order.

I don't have a local feed mill, they closed 2-3 years ago, but I didn't like to get feed from them anyway, they were so dirty, always so much ick in their feeds (bugs, "sweepings", dirt, etc). That said, I wish I could get a custom mix of my liking, there are a few things I'd like to feed, but just can't get locally.

Would anybody happen to have a feed tag for Complete Advantage? I'd like to see a list of ingredients. [Purina doesn't put them on their website, at least, I haven't found them.]

Thanks.

Strategy here in the Louisvlle area is ranging around 12.10 a bag. I like it as it has premium quality grains in it. I think youre right in sticking to the better commercial feeds, they are usually cleaner with less junk and fillers in them. I think you pretty much get what you pay for! Laura

I've always used Nutrena as it is more accessible to me, but a couple of weeks ago I decided to try Race Ready, had to order it in and paid $15 a bag in SW MN.

Here in So. Central Fl

Strategy $13.49

Sr. $16.89

Other feed stores in the area are higher though by a dollar or two. Its crazy!!

We pay $11.30/ bag for Strategy, that is a pallet price. We are in SE Nebraska. I believe Junior is $15.ish!!! I love the purina products. Always had good luck with them.

Barb
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif

here in ID it is 18.99 for a bag of Jr but I feed Nutrena youth which is 16.50

I use Purina Naturals Essentials Enrich 12 (used to be called Mare and Maintenance). It was $19.74 (with tax) last year. They changed the name and the same store charged me $29. for it in Dec. So I changed stores and got it for $23 just this month. I use it as a vitamin supplement since it's for "easy keepers" and has almost no fat.

I am a Purina dealer and they just called me yesterday saying a sale was going on, but that doesnt mean the dealer will pass on the savings. but it is being offered at a lower cost, I am thinking Purina is feeling the economy crunch too, so watch your prices in the next week or two

I rotate between Nutrena Horse Kwik and Horsemans Edge complete and they run between $10-$11 a bag here in Maine. I like my complete feeds as my hay here isn't the best and I supplement w/ mare plus for the extra vitamins on the preggo mares and my breeding stallion.

Latest posts

Back