Purina Omolene 200

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sterling

Reaction score
Can anyone direct me to a website online where I can get a list of ingredients for Purina Omolene 200? I've done look ups after look ups to no avail. I may be missing something...but also on their own website I cannot find a list of ingredients for their feed.

I believe this is what you want.......

INGREDIENTS:

Grain Products, Processed Grain By-Products, Plant Protein Products, Molasses

Products, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate,

Dicalcium Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Soybean Oil, Dried Whey, Vitamin E

Supplement, Choline Chloride, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate,

Tocopherols, (A Preservative), Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement,

Vitamin D3 Supplement, Zinc Oxide, Niacin Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Calcium

Iodate, Magnesium Oxide, Ferrous Carbonate, Ferric Oxide, Manganous Oxide,

Roughage Products, Cobalt Carbonate, Citric Acid, Iron Oxide, Dl-Methionine,

L-Lysine, Sodium Selenite.

RUMINANT MEAT AND BONE MEAL FREE

Omolene 200®

Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein, % not less than 14%

Fat, % not less than 6%

Fiber, % not more than 6.5%

Calcium, minimum % not less than .9%

Calcium, maximum % not more than 1.2%

Phosphorus, minimum % not less than .50%

Copper, ppm not less than 55

Zinc, ppm not less than 220

Vit. A, IU/lb not less than 3000

Selenium, ppm not less than .6

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Carol, that was QUICK!! Thats exactly what I need!! How did you find it so quickly...is there a web page for it? Thank you!!!

I don't think the Purina site has any ingredients listed. I had it saved in a doc file. Can't remember where I found it. But I have fed it for umpteen years and when I saw the listed ingredients I printed it out so I would not have to type it from the label.

Ah...ok.... Well thank you for listing it for me...I appreciate it!
default_yes.gif

Just to add that Purina has FINALLY put out a sheet for what to feed miniatures. It lists the weights the lifestyle and the amount of hay that should be fed with it. Don't know if they have this on their web or not. For instance Performance (light work) 200 lb horse 2 to 3 lb. hay + 1.1 lb. Omelene 200;

Just to add that Purina has FINALLY put out a sheet for what to feed miniatures. It lists the weights the lifestyle and the amount of hay that should be fed with it. Don't know if they have this on their web or not. For instance Performance (light work) 200 lb horse 2 to 3 lb. hay + 1.1 lb. Omelene 200;
Yes, they have it up there now Sandee.

Miniature Horse Page

Direct link to feeding recommendations...

MiniatureHorseFeedingRecommendations

Miniature Horse Page

I'm looking at the feeding amounts they have listed there and they all seem way low to me, i know just from looking at that chart if feed way more Strategy then that to keep them where i want them at. I think allot of times they jump to the conclusion that minis stay fat on air when really that is not always the case.

Miniature Horse Page

I'm looking at the feeding amounts they have listed there and they all seem way low to me, i know just from looking at that chart if feed way more Strategy then that to keep them where i want them at. I think allot of times they jump to the conclusion that minis stay fat on air when really that is not always the case.

Out of curiousity how much more then what is listed do you end up feeding? I myself find that I do end up feeding more then what is listed for the omolone for two of mine.

I used to feed Omolene 200 but switched my boys over to Triple Crown Senior. My one little gelding I am finding out does not like beet pulp and in trying to get him to eat his feed completely and having bouts of where he goes off it here and there...I decided to drive the extra miles and get him what works for him. So with that said...I came home and gave him a small handful of Omolene 200 mixed in with his Triple Crown that he left this morning and he scarfed it all down.
default_rolleyes.gif
The lady at the feed store told me that Triple Crown is a good feed....well I've heard that too...but you know what...I just did'nt see the bright coats and "bloom" I saw when I was feeding Omolene 200. I'm hoping that he starts licking his bucket like he used to. He was always a good eater. He's all up to date on his vet and dentist visits just in case anyone is wondering.

Oh yes I did see the mini horse info on the Purina web site.

Edited to ask....Does everybody feed by weight in lbs? I have always fed by cups and scoops and adjust accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited to ask....Does everybody feed by weight in lbs? I have always fed by cups and scoops and adjust accordingly.
I do use scoops and cups to measure my feed, but I have weighed what the scoops and cups hold, so I know by weight what I'm feeding. I have a list of all my feeds and what a cup or scoop of each weighs. I know this can vary a little from bag to bag, and even from top of bag to bottom (depending on crumbling), but I have a good idea what I am feeding each horse.

They are all on a ration balancer; so for most that means 1-1/3 cups or 1/2# per day. My pregnant mare gets 2 cups ration balancer and 2 cups growth daily, which is 3/4# each daily for her. [Plus they get hay, right now they are getting free choice grass hay with a touch of alfalfa in it.]

This was listed on one of the pages...it may help you with the way you feed by cups etc.

FEEDING WEIGHTS OF PURINA FEEDS FOR MINIATURE HORSES

(Nature’s Essentials, Strategy, Equine Sr., Adult, Jr., & Omolene products)

Kitchen Measuring Cup Pounds

¾ cup = ¼ lb.

1 ½ cup = ½ lb.

3 cups = 1 lb.

I used to feed the Omo. 200 but switched to Triple Crown ES. I notice much more of a "bloom" on mine and I feel like it does not make them as hot. They love it!I weigh mine on a small scale. My little mare gets 1 .5 pounds a day and my gelding gets 2 pounds (one in the am and one in the afternoon) plus orchard hay and soaked alfalfa pellets in the morning. The TC ES smells so good..I could almost eat it. I notice the fresh, newer bags are softer and easier to scoop and smell better. I did have one rock hard bag...oh...it was so hard to break up!I think its a great complete feed though and easy on their digestion.

I used to feed Omolene 200 but switched my boys over to Triple Crown Senior. My one little gelding I am finding out does not like beet pulp and in trying to get him to eat his feed completely and having bouts of where he goes off it here and there...I decided to drive the extra miles and get him what works for him. So with that said...I came home and gave him a small handful of Omolene 200 mixed in with his Triple Crown that he left this morning and he scarfed it all down.
default_rolleyes.gif
The lady at the feed store told me that Triple Crown is a good feed....well I've heard that too...but you know what...I just did'nt see the bright coats and "bloom" I saw when I was feeding Omolene 200. I'm hoping that he starts licking his bucket like he used to. He was always a good eater. He's all up to date on his vet and dentist visits just in case anyone is wondering.
Oh yes I did see the mini horse info on the Purina web site.

Great information.
default_smile.png

I aways switch from regular 12%feed to Omelene 200 the last 3 months. My mares always foal w/o any problems.

Nice to know the right amount to feed.

Also feed it to my stallions.

We feed strategy but those amounts shown are low. Also the hay amounts on the late term pregnant mares is low too.

HMMM. Makes you wonder if they were testing very easy keepers apparently. Perhaps these horses had access to pasture as well, that would make a difference as well.

I think the best way is to judge their weight for yourself, if you want more weight on top fo the back, etc. you will need more grain. Some horses are very easy keepers and may only take a lower maintenance amount of feed to keep them looking good. Also the more active the horse, or harder the horse is worked will affect how much grain and hay to feed them as well.

This was listed on one of the pages...it may help you with the way you feed by cups etc.

FEEDING WEIGHTS OF PURINA FEEDS FOR MINIATURE HORSES

(Nature’s Essentials, Strategy, Equine Sr., Adult, Jr., & Omolene products)

Kitchen Measuring Cup Pounds

¾ cup = ¼ lb.

1 ½ cup = ½ lb.

3 cups = 1 lb.
Ok....something else I missed on their webpage!
default_wacko.png
Thanks for posting that Mona. And thank you to everyone who has contributed their input on this thread.

Latest posts

Back