Purina Miniature & Pony Feed 50 days later Before & After PIC"S

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Love

Reaction score
Ok I was looking for info when I switched & wished I had before & after Pic's so I thought I would do some for those who have thought about trying it we are at 50 days after the switch Let me know what you think - I am using it on 2 that needed to loose weight & 2 that need to gain weight ( new rescues 50 days ago )

This is Missy 50 days ago around 7 years old with a give or take 2 month old foal she may all be in foal ?????????

BEFORE

7-16-2011 013.JPG

7-16-2011 015.JPG

After

mini 60 day purina pic 032.JPG

mini 60 day purina pic 031.JPG

Not sure if she is in foal or not, what do you think?? her foal is about 4 months old.. I plan to do a wee foal test in a month or so I want to use the 120& over one. But not knowing the true age of the foal, I want to make sure we are over 120 days

Dollie over weight and on the edge of foundering over weight & Farrier doing chop job 50 days ago - GOTS a new Farrie tooo

Before

7-16-2011 018.JPG

AFTER and now running and playing her feet a great

mini 60 day purina pic 041.JPG

I will add 2 more - i cant get all pic's to post on this post ???

I Feed Parina Miniature & Pony

Purina mare & foal to Missy & Baby girl 50/50 of each

Purina 12 - 12 block

2 Books of hay 3 times a day for all 4 for them to share

They are in a 1 acre pasture free to graze on what grass is left at this point

Sand out 1 a month for 5 days

All on daily wormer pelets

Garlic Pellets BUG OFF

7-16-2011 014.JPG

7-16-2011 011.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
They're looking good. Can easily see that the pinto mare has put on weight and it looks to be in all the right places. Its a little harder to tell that the heavy girl lost weight, but you can see a change her coat.

I just might have to consider trying the mini/pony feed, if I can get it locally.

Baby Girl 50 days later

mini 60 day purina pic 038.JPG

Booker over weight some thick neck Lots of junk in his trunk

Before

7-16-2011 017.JPG

After 50 days

mini 60 day purina pic 043.JPG

My Happy Crew... Booker faces tords another horse pasture across the creek.. Like he is keeping a watch out for them LOL

minies 003.JPG

minies 001.JPG

I Think Purina Miniature & Pony feed has worked great on ones that are over weight & ones that are under weight

There coat looks better to.

I will need to keep adjusting amounts untill every one is were they should be

But I like it so far

Last edited by a moderator:
They're looking good. Can easily see that the pinto mare has put on weight and it looks to be in all the right places. Its a little harder to tell that the heavy girl lost weight, but you can see a change her coat.

I just might have to consider trying the mini/pony feed, if I can get it locally.

Not a good face shot but shows she lost some of her junk in the trunk, much more playful to.

mini 60 day purina pic 027.JPG

Love how the coats are looking better and their weight is looking good too. All of mine are on Purina Mini & Pony Feed and look fantastic too!

wow, looking good with the changes
default_smile.png

your foal is really cute too!! love the markings!

let us know how you go with the foal test
default_aktion033.gif

They look great! I'd love to try this feed. Has anyone got it at Tractor Supply? Mine doesn't have it. They are supposed to call and check on it. Was wondering what the price is?

Our TSC does not have it & cant get it for now, But we have a feed store that has all purina feeds. $14.25 a bag & Thats $2.00 less then what I was spending on a bag and it last a few days longer. Once my bag of mare and foal is gone I will be on the miniature & pony feed 100% With them being rescue's i wanted to make sure they were getting what they needed and get them on the right path 1st.. From what I have seen Purina Miniature & Pony is fine for foals and Mare in foal I do keep a Purina Block 12-12 out for them to, they dont use it much at all... But its there

Our local feed store carries it- they have awesome prices on pretty much everything. It's $12.75 there.

I'm trying it on my show gelding, we are three weeks into it.

I would probably have to drive some distance to find it. If I buy in bulk how long can I keep it?

My tractor supply in Belle Vernon carries it, it is $15.29

Tractor supply now has a feature on their website where you can pick the product you want, and put in your zipcode so it tells you how much the product is at your actual store. Im a little bit peeved, the mini feed went up $1 since I ordered it last week. Normally my store always has it in stock, but it must be getting popular in my area because they were out when I went last week.

I hope that they didnt see how well it sells and decide to rob us figuring we like it, so we'll pay whatever they mark it at.

I have one horse (4 year old stallion) on the mini feed, and my hard keeper (11 year old gelding) on ultium. I switched the stallion from strategy to the mini feed, and just yesterday decided I need to cut his feed back. He's getting fat, partly because I quit working them after their last show which was the beginning of august, partly because it seems you can feed less of the mini feed. I hate feeding large amounts of concentrates, so Im thrilled I can feed less and get the same or better results.

Not sure about all tsc but our local one will order whatever you ask them to in the quantity you want.

Back