Puppy Cam Up and Running

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh how I love MareStare! I'll watch!
The nice thing about bitches due to whelp is that they are much more predictable than mares.You know ewxactly when they were bred, count to 61 or 63 days?(been a long time since I had a litter)and start watching a few days before and get out the thermometer to see when their temp drops.within 24 hours you should have pups.If not get thee to a vet ASAP.When I first started breeding Minis I asked my vet if the temp theory worked on mares.Sorry wish it did.good luck and happy whelping.

I know! It is so nice to have a known "window". 63 days is dead average, most of mine go at 61-62 assuming the first breeding took. In this case it may have been the second breeding.

The nice thing about bitches due to whelp is that they are much more predictable than mares.You know ewxactly when they were bred, count to 61 or 63 days?(been a long time since I had a litter)and start watching a few days before and get out the thermometer to see when their temp drops.within 24 hours you should have pups.If not get thee to a vet ASAP.When I first started breeding Minis I asked my vet if the temp theory worked on mares.Sorry wish it did.good luck and happy whelping.

Been watching her, she just got done digging herself a bed...lol. A lady I work with Loves greyhounds so I got her watching also.
default_yes.gif

I don't know anything about dogs whelping but she sure looks uncomfortable right now.

Just called both numbers. She's really working on her bum. Can't really see what she's doing but she's definately interested. Should be soon!

Poor little thing does not look too happy. Is this her first litter??

Did she throw up or is that a deceased pup at the door? She was eating on it and is now carefully stepping over it. I keep hoping someone will show...

(Edited to add that she had the dry heaves for a bit, so it could very well be her breakfast.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lynne called me back and said that she's fine and not active right now. She may have vomitted after Lynne left but I didn't see it.

Thanks!! I was really worried about her. I am frightened to think what "active" will bring
default_new_shocked.gif

Final count 3? They look good sized.
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Final count is four, all boys. One blue, one fawn, one seal, one pied w/seal.

Mom and pups are doing great. Will keep the cam on as they grow up.

Thanks guys for keeping a watch for me. I had the cam up and running at work so was monitoring her closely. I went home several times to check on her. Mainly she was just peeved that she was crated :). She did get down to business a little after dinner last night and was done by 10ish. Nice not to have to pull an all nighter.

What you were seeing in the corner was upchuck, she did that several times and would eat it (YUCK) before I could get it cleaned up.

This is her third and final litter. She has produced very well with several champions already and several more pointed kids. Cant wait to see what these look like as they mature.

Congrats on a safe and successful delivery. I realized she was just ticked when I would see her start to howl. Then as soon as you came in the room she would sit in a princess like state looking so pleased that she had gotten your attention.
default_wacko.png

It will be fun to see the boys grow.

Latest posts

Back