Progression of our farm house gut/remodel - Pics added

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reo - I think my Dad really did know her - but not in that way (I hope).

Sonya - you are close enough to our project to get a hammer with your name on it!
default_yes.gif

It is sad what is going on with the housing market in Michigan right now. But if you have money now is definitely the time to buy. People who need financing are pretty much out of luck which makes the values even lower as not many people are buying. We have always sold property by land contract in the past but that is about the only way many people can afford a home now.

I don't think I will put my house in town on the market any time soon. Once we can move into the farm I will just install a couple of my children in it and let them finish paying off the last bit for me. Once the market turns around I can boot them out and sell it! Seriously though, by then they should have their careers established and be ready to move on or buy it themselves.

You have taken on quite a project, one of those that will probably never be quite finished lol. That's the fun of old houses I think - always something else to do & improve on. Looks like it will be lovely, more power to you!!

Jan

I agree with Bonnie......It IS an old farm "rescue"! And I LOVE how you manipulated the bank.
default_thumbup.gif

Did you keep any of the barn board to re-sell?

I agree with Bonnie......It IS an old farm "rescue"! And I LOVE how you manipulated the bank.
default_thumbup.gif

Did you keep any of the barn board to re-sell?

My real estate agent (who is a family friend) said they would never accept less than the 26,000. Between Fannie Mae ticking me off and the comment from Rick it became a challenge to see how low they would go.
default_biggrin.png

I tried to give away that old barn wood for free and nobody wanted it!!!! Because my insurance guy was on my back about removing it or him cancelling our insurance I had to start burning it.
default_bye-sad.gif

My real estate agent (who is a family friend) said they would never accept less than the 26,000. Between Fannie Mae ticking me off and the comment from Rick it became a challenge to see how low they would go.
default_biggrin.png

I tried to give away that old barn wood for free and nobody wanted it!!!! Because my insurance guy was on my back about removing it or him cancelling our insurance I had to start burning it.
default_bye-sad.gif
OMG! There are people in other areas who are paying good money for old barn board! It's too bad you couldn't advertise it on Craigs List in other regions. I bet people would come get it.

Latest posts

Back