pre=formed poly ponds

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeadowRidge Farm

Reaction score
Hubby bought me a 250 gal pond and fountain to put in the back yard, but now I am not really sure on where and how I want it to look, once the flower garden is around it. Dees anyone have one,of anysize that I could see a pic of?? I am such a newbie to outdoor flowering plants and shrubs/bushes but sure am enjoying this new found hobby.
default_rolleyes.gif
I love looking at pics of everyones flower gardens. I was thinking of having him make a large square (about 25 x25') bordering it with some landscape timbers, adding red cedar mulch and putting the pond in the middle of it,the pond is almost like a figure 8 shape, but not exactly
default_smile.png
see, how smart I am with this stuff...
default_rolleyes.gif
default_laugh.png
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
) putting a bench in the square and adding some shrubs and flowers but not sure! Shoot, I dont know what I am going to do with this, and sure never thought I would be making flower gardens, but I love it!

I have 4
default_laugh.png
,I connected 2 together making 2 seperate areas. I dug them down then put limestone all around the edges covering the liner. The one in my front yard connects with a waterfall. The one in the back yard has a lip that makes a waterfall into the lower pond. I love them,I find them very addictive. I really need to figure out how to get pics on here
default_wacko.png
.I'v got some of the ornamental grass,hosta,sedum in the bed around the pond and it looks good. Have fun and experiment
default_saludando.gif

That sounds really nice!!! I sure can see where this would be addicting.
default_smile.png
I wish too you could post pictures
default_sad.png
Bob (hubby) was talking about a waterfall behind it too. Do you have those cool colored lights on your pond? I dont have them, but want to get some kind of lights to put in it. If you want you can send me the pics at [email protected] Thanks for sharing your idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
We just put lights in one about a week ago,i need to get another outdoor receptical.The waterfall is also preformed,one day i'll have a huge pond with a real waterfall.

Here is our Koi pond

its not a preformed pond but we dug a hole and did a soft rubber liner

the back is a waterfall 3 pond tubs made for waterfall covered here with stone also

and a drop section to return to the pond and surrounded with NJ sandstone

pooh2009filly061.jpg

My husband **really** wants one to have some koi, but we live in the middle of woods, so the fish we put out would just end up as dinner. We lost almost all of our chickens and both of our ducks to the woodland creatures. I'm hoping one day we can figure out how to have one without opening up a critter buffet!

I have some pics up on my website of our pond (see signature line). If you would like, go to "Nature Around the Pond"....I have a page dedicated to our pond and the critters that visit. Ours is a prefab. We have it part ways out of the ground with many flat rocks around it. This was our starter pond many years ago. We had it a bit away from the house and we added a bigger 10 foot liner pond in that area. Just a few years ago we took out the liner filled pond and filled in the hole and brought this one closer to the house because the heron was taking our Koi and our fancy goldfish. Very heartbreaking after spending many years raising these fish (had them for over 10 years) only to have this bird come and figure out he could dine here.

Right now I have 2 Orandas and a baby Koi in this pond. Two resident green/leopard frogs and we are thinking since this venue is working out so well so far...maybe adding a bigger pond and more Koi. You will love pondkeeping. There is so much you can do with it! Oh just a couple of weeks ago we added a new look to the waterfall. A little basin where the water actually accumulates before it actually pours out into the pond. Hubby put some rocks and pebbles in it and we've found birds bathing it it as well. We also now have a little fountain.....Hmmm...I'll see if I can get some more pics here in a bit to show you what it looks like now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back