Prayers, please, for Leesa Conley (Daystar Miniatures)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosaroca

Reaction score
Leesa's dad passed away this morning about 8:30. He was in final stage COPD and was at a hospice recovering from a fractured pelvis. While there, he developed pneumonia. The last week has been very rough on both him and his family. He refused all medicines except for morphine - he was ready to go and tired of fighting his illness.

Leesa has been with him almost every moment since Tuesday morning, trying to catch a few hours sleep each night in a not-so-comfortable recliner by his bedside. He was unresponsive most of yesterday, but woke up around 3:30 and talked with her. She decided to go home and try to get some real sleep. The hospice called her around 7:30 and said she'd better come back. She made it in time to say her final goodbyes, along with his favorite nurses who came in especially to see him off.

We know that he's in a much better place now, reunited with Leesa's long-deceased mother and both of my parents. The end, when it came, was more a blessing than anything.

Please hold Leesa and her brother Gary in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Pat

I am so sorry for all the loved ones left behind. Prayer are being said for them.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Leesa you are in my thoughts and prayers dear friend. I know how very much you will miss him. I'm as close as the phone and I'll do what ever you need so don't worry about the horses or anything else right now.

I know this has been difficult for both Pat and Leesa as they have been like sisters to each other for over 20 years and it was back at the beginning of their friendship that they both lost one of their parents within 2 weeks of each other and now here again the remaining parent to both these wonderful ladies has gone to sit at God's feet with 2 weeks of each other. Pat and Leesa both rejoice in the fact that your parents are now reunited in that wonderful place God said he went to prepare for all of us one day.

My deepest sympathy to Leesa and her family and friends. I have been where you are today and remember how rough it was (and actually still is).

Barbie

I'm so sorry Leesa lost her beloved dad! My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family.

So sorry for your loss Leesa, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Lisa

Leesa is in my prayers tonight and so are you Pat. What a blessing that you two can comfort one another in this time of sadness. Good friends are hard to come by for sure but things like this just make that friendship closer and stronger...Blessings and prayers continue for both of you and your families!

I had no ideal Leesa's Dad was ill. My heart and prayers go out to her and her family. I lost my Dad to a long time illness, you think you are prepared but never really are.

Pat, I didn't know you had lost your mother, I am so sorry.

It's cool that she made it back in time. It's very hard to be with a loved one as they go but harder to have missed it.

I'm sorry you lost your Dad Leesa but your memories will live on with you forever (((((HUGS)))))

Back