Prayers Needed - Sterling's Dad

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hosscrazy

Reaction score
Sterling's father fell down a flight of stairs last night and he is in the hospital. He has several injuries and they are still running tests on him... :no:

Please keep Sterling, her father and her family in your prayers. I'll let you know as soon as I hear an update.

Liz R.

Oh no!! Prayers and good thoughts, of course!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Will definitely be keeping her and her dad in my thoughts. I hope he gets back to just fine in no time and they can go on enjoying life.

Keep us updated if you can...

Liz M.

Oh my gosh! I am definitely keeping Cheyenne and her Dad in my prayers! Thank you for letting us know!

Any updates???

Most definately I'll keep him in my prayers. Just wish that I would have been able to check the forum last night to see this.

Gracious!
default_sad.png
Holding in prayers.

No updates as of yet. I left a message for her yesterday and will call again tomorrow AM. I do know Cheyenne really appreciates and needs everyones support.
default_yes.gif
:

Liz R.

Thank you so much Liz, and everybody. I'm so very grateful for your well wishes and prayers fo Dad. Yes as Liz said he took a nasty fall down his stairs at home and was taken by ambulance to the hospital. He hit the bottom of the stairs, which was a tile floor full force on his forehead. He has a very big bruise and cut on his forehead, a fractured clavical bone, and more cuts and bruises. They have run tests including CT scans for the head amongst other things. Thank God that the CT scan came back negative, as we had to "insist" it be done. The doctor on duty that night that was assigned to Dad thought it was'nt necessary. But we needed to (for our peace of mind) know that there was no internal bleeding etc.... I don't get the part where the doctor thought that tests to the head were'nt necessary....just don't get it! But...aside from being in alot of pain.....today he is sitting up and hopefully tomorrow we will know more on the other tests that were run on him and they'll be running MORE tests as well. My heart is just breaking for him. I know those stairs very well. Altho they are only 6 steps, they are very steep.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Our family appreciates the kind thoughts, well wishes and prayers that you all have sent out way. I will let you know how he is doing. And I hope that the others that have posted since I've been away these last few days on their family members and loved ones in the hospital or ailing have good news for recovery. Our parent's and loved ones lives are precious....I always knew that, but I'm learning it more anew with each and every day that passes.

So glad to read the update. Dads are definitely special and glad you're enjoying yours.
default_smile.png

Hope he continues on the mend.

Liz M.

Oh no! I just got here and read this. I'm so sorry your dad got so hurt. He'll be in my prayers.

{{{{Hugs}}}}

:eek: Oh No! Cheyenne!!! I too just got here. I said a prayer for your dad as soon as I started reading this thread. Stuff like this can be sooooo scarey!!!! I am glad that he is doing well considering and I hope and pray all the other tests come back negative.

It really makes me mad that the doc didn't think the head scan was needed. That is awful!! Shame on that doctor!

I'm so sorry to hear of your dad's accident; I'm late getting on this thread. I'm glad to hear he's doing okay & starting to feel better. That's a scary thing to have happen.

as for the doctor that said the scan wasn't needed; let him fall down some stairs & smack his forehead on a tile floor, & see how important he thinks a scan is then.

Thanks for the update Cheyenne. So glad you Dad seems to be okay, and I am glad you insisted on the CT scan too. What is the big deal about doing it anyway, he hit his head on tile for heaven sake's why wouldn't they want to do it???
default_rolleyes.gif
: I hope he can come home soon and the pain subsides!! Keep us posted, we are all thinking of you and your family.

Pam

Thanks for the update Cheyenne. Still keeping your Dad in my prayers. It is so very hard to see a loved one in the hospital. And good for you! Insisting that a cat scan was very smart IMO. Better to know for sure than to risk it at all. Praying that your Dad will be home very soon and that all will be normal with the tests. (((Hugs)))

Latest posts

Back