Prayers needed for foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinacvt

Reaction score
It's been a long nite and morning Gonzo my 2 week old foal was acting colicy when I got home frome work last nite bad enough for me to call the vet. Tubed and gave banamine and left some with me that I ended up giving at midnte. In the morning when the banamine wore off he was rolling again. Vet out again this time we did x rays and ultrasounded his abdomen. Bladder good no free floating fluid and no obstructions seen, intestines were fluidy but motile. Blood work from last nite showed white blood count of 14000 so he has enterits, which is treatable but so painful to a baby. I have had to give him banamine 2 times today already, he is also on gastrogaurd. Please send good healing thoughts his way
default_pray.gif
:

2/24/2006 7:30pm

I just had to have my little Gonzo put to sleep
default_crybaby.gif
: He was in so much pain that the banamine wasn't working and he stopped nursing and would just lay there like he was dead. I had the vet do a necropsy and his intestines were so bloated that he had perforated his large intestine. I will miss him. This has really made me rethink wanting to breed minis.

Last edited by a moderator:
default_sad.png
I don't anything about that condition, but I hope he gets better soon. Sounds like you are taking good care of him
default_yes.gif
:

[SIZE=14pt]Absolutely will pray for him.... poor little guy.... tummy aches on babies is really hard. I had one once years ago that banged her head against the wall because she had such a tummy acne! She got better tho.[/SIZE]

Lyn

:no: So sorry for the little guy. I pray that God will remove the pain and heal his little body. I also pray for your strength and comfort during this difficult and trying time. Keep us posted.

God bless,

Joan

I already said a prayer for a fast healing. Poor little baby. I hope he gets better tonite.

The poor little sweetie! All my prayers and healing thoughts go out to him.

My prayers are with your sweet baby! I hope he is feeling better soon! Hugs to you and your baby!

Tammie~

Owie, poor baby! Sending prayers that he will be feeling better REALLY soon.

Poor little guy! Sending prayers your way. I wonder if the mare ate something that went through her milk to cause this?? Hope he's better soon.
default_pray.gif
:

Latest posts

Back