Prayers needed again for people along the Delaware River

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharon

Reaction score
For the third time in about 18 months the Delaware River is causing a major flood. The last time prior to all this that the river flooded this bad was back in 1955. Now all of a sudden 3 times in a year and a half.

There is major flooding going on from Port Jervis(not sure if it is NJ or NY) where the river starts and then right on down to Trenton, NJ. Many small river towns. The people that live in these town are going to have to go all through the mess of the cleanup and then repairs and starting over again.

A lot of these towns are very touristy, with all kinds of trendy little shops, antiques, and little restaurants.

Living along this river, people always knew that flooding was a possibilty, but it would only be once in a lifetime for most residents, not this often.

So please, if you could, say a prayer for these people to have the strength to go through this yet again!

My Dad lives along the Brandywine Creek, but they are pretty close to all of that, and they are saying it is a 150 year flood, as in it hasn't been this bad in at least 150 years. I feel terrible for everyone who is threatened or has lost to this already. I wish it would quit raining for you....

Liz

I also feel so bad that they are going through this again. Once in a lifetime is even one time too many. Hope they are able to get things cleaned up and back on a normal track quickly.

It is scary how high the river is. Sadly, but fortunately the owners of the businesses in New Hope (and other areas along the Delaware) know the drill and New Hope was filled with rental trucks loading up all valuables on Wed. My friend owns a home called Devils Half Acre which is up the river from New Hope and a shop on Main St in New Hope. She emptied everything out, even had a plumber come removed the new hot water heater, etc that were just replaced after the last flood.

We are heading to Area 1 next week and I hope we don't have to find alternate route. They showed that Binghampton NY really got hit hard. I think they said the river crested at 32.5' and flood stage was at 18'! Roads are washed out, 2 truck drivers were killed on one of the interstates up there when they drove into a wash out. :no:

Yep, grew up along the delaware , can see it from my parents house. It never flooded the whole time I was growing up. Its incredible. Luckily, my parents house is on the far side of some train tracks, and that seems to keep the water at bay for the most part. But they get streams flowing through their yard that is run off coming down off the mountain behind the house. UGH The little town down the road, Portland, PA, is getting it bad again. The little grocery store there, JUST reopened from the last flood.
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back