Portable Hot Water Tank

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW, ya know I "WAS" going to buy the "HOTT" water washer come spring and the 8 gal one is like 360 bucks or somewhere around there. I wonder if this is JUST like the same thing. I live here in Mo and we have well water and start showing in May and my water is FREEZING. Poor mini's are NOT happy with that cold water on them and who could blame them. This looks very interesting. I'm going to keep it and investgate it when it gets closer to spring and see which one I like best. It say's you keep getting hot water, and the HOTT one is only 8 gal. so I don't know. GOOD luck with your decision, wish I could be of more help. I think it's great and a lot cheaper IF it would do the same thing. TJ

NC after reading the two to my husband he said what we'd probably do is put in a 12-30 gal. water heater for $250 bucks and I'd have have it in the barn and attach a hose to it. I'd just go out the night before and heat it up. So that works for me. HEY, I "get" hot water. TJ

Last edited:
I want one. I think it sounds neet. My only question would be "how is the water pressure while it is running?".

I got the HOTT wash 4gal system. It works ok if your only doing 1 or 2 horses. It takes a while to heat up and 4 gal doesn't last very long! We give GI type showers when using it. But it's way better than freezing cold water. I only manage to give the girls a bath about twice in the spring/summer. Don't show!

With the LP system, I would wonder really how long a propane tank would last? and the add said 1gal a minute hot water, that isn't much either! It might be easier than going the elect/extension cord route tho.

Katiean I think the water pressure coming out would be the same as what's going into the unit. Good luck deciding! I love the fixed water tank idea the best! If it can be managed.

I got the HOTT wash 4gal system. It works ok if your only doing 1 or 2 horses. It takes a while to heat up and 4 gal doesn't last very long! We give GI type showers when using it. But it's way better than freezing cold water. I only manage to give the girls a bath about twice in the spring/summer. Don't show!With the LP system, I would wonder really how long a propane tank would last? and the add said 1gal a minute hot water, that isn't much either! It might be easier than going the elect/extension cord route tho.

Katiean I think the water pressure coming out would be the same as what's going into the unit. Good luck deciding! I love the fixed water tank idea the best! If it can be managed.

Thanks for the VERY valuable input on the HOTT wash. I worried about that, but was thinking about getting the 8 gal. However, when my husband heard the price he chocked. That's when he said, "well we have a barn, I'll put a hot water heater in and it will be less expensive and you'll get more hot water." Works for me... Again, thanks appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back