Please tell me about your barn cameras

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remington

Reaction score
Well good morning fellow mare stare comrades...I need resources to look in to upgrading my system....I currently use black and white. I am lloking to add a couple color cams. I would also like to hear from anyone who has a wireless system. Heres what I want to know:

What brand and type do you have?

Where did you purchase it?

Is it b/w or color?

Is it wireless?

What are its pros and cons?

Cost?

I am also curious as to what it takes to go online with a barn cam?

Thanks everyone for your help and best wishes for your 2006 foaling season. 2 more to go here!

Here is a great post to read
default_smile.png

http://minihorse.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=54799

I have been looking into getting one too.

Oh thanks for the link, that is perfect. Can't believe I missed that post!

We set-up an old computer in the barn. My son built a platform in the rafter to hold the equipment. We get a wireless signal from the house. We have a Logitech 4000 color cam wired to the computer. It has great color and picture. It's the same camera Jimbo bought to web cam his puppies. The only con is that it's not a wide angle so we can't see Lucy all the time. She tends to lean up against her door at night to be as close as possible to her big mare friends, Fiona.

Ours was installed in about 1989 ... I'm afraid you won't want to upgrade to ours!!
default_wink.png
:

We just updated ours. We ordered from a CCTV place in Fl. They were real good to work with.

Latest posts

Back